• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 Location

Uh...no!

Why don't you get some inputs on locations, then set up a poll to see what the most popular site is. Then we can look up race amenities in the Top3 locations and have a vote.

:shrug: or does the make too much sense? lol

There was no vote last year and no one complained.
GR was announced at the banquet at SZ06, and look at the turnout. Bigger than '06.

Keep an eye out for WorldTour's National meet set for Sept-Octoberish this year down in the nawlins area too.

All that has been taken care of tom :) there is 15 veterans that voted between the 2 locations that where brought up.

Everyeone knows SZ needs to stay around MI, IN, IL, WI area to have the major turn out. I think the population will be happy with the decision.

Last year Grand Rapids was decided by almost the same people who decided this year except we invited 2 NECEG'rs, 1 MNCEG and 2 WICEG'rs.
Difference is we started looking at locations in april last year. It came down between 2 locations last year GR and SZ08's soon to be announced location

There was no vote last year and no one complained.
GR was announced at the banquet at SZ06, and look at the turnout. Bigger than '06.

Keep an eye out for WorldTour's National meet set for Sept-Octoberish this year down in the nawlins area too.

What?? Where were you when the complaining was going on? lol

It was just dismissed with a wave.

No offence Tom but 50+ people show up from michigan or soo every year. We alone have bigger meets than any other region in the country for little bs get togethers. If it is to continue strong it will stay around MI

2003 was where, Iowa or something? Noone from the NorthEast wanted to drive that far I guess? I know but I consistently have asked for it to be in a more centrally located place just about every year. The reason you all show up for it is because you live in the north and you keep it in the north.

If you put it in the south no one from the North but Barge would make the trip.
I was hoping we could put it a little more south.

Agreed, no one showed up when it was elsewhere. And besides with all the "talk" in the south east thread, no one has owned up and posted in the SZ section to suggest or take charge of SZ08 form that area like they all say they want. So I have a feeling it would fail greatly.

No offense Warmonger. I see your point, but from the turn out of years past when we moved central, it was a flop.

Who are you again?? Were you here in 03? :laugh:

Oh yeah! I knew many great automotive things in 03. Like how my FSTB eliminated wheelhop and an exhaust gave me enough hp to beat C5 Z06s...

from a roll of course :eek:

Tom, I will most likely NOT be living in MI come SZ08, but even if I am in LA, I will fly in and get a rental car for this.

You Guys can have a national convention in the south set it up. SZ will stay around MI

SZ is the leftovers of the Tri-State SVT/SHO society. Then the SHO and SVT guys parted. The first EOSB we had something like 50 cars that was including the SHO guys.

Feel free to set-up a national convention I'm sure I'll go

Last edited:
Back