• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVTF pedals

zxtuner

CEG'er
Does anyone know if the gas pedal assembley will bolt in or is there any modification needed? If there is any modification needed what needs to be done?

I have tried searching here, archives here, FordContour.org, Google, and NECO to no avail. If you have a link to the information that would be helpful also.

I know the ones out of a cougar will work but finding a set has proven difficult.

Thanks all,

Jon

Does anybody know? I know there was member that did (he is currently selling his car). I tried contact him but I never go a response. I really just want to know if it will bold in I can figure/fab up anything else that need to be done.

From what I understand, it is a direct swap. I was going to do it on my car, but wanted new parts. I struck out finding new at an affordable price, so I got the set from Autovation. They look good which is really what I was after. :)
Erick --

I found a cougar gas pedal assembly with the stainless steel cover already on it from ebay that of course is a direct swap.
as for the brake and clutch pedals, the focus pedals are a tad smaller than the contour/courgar thus their stainless covers won't fit. since its pretty hard to find a set of cougar stainless covers, i bought a set of mustang brake and clutch covers and modified the backside rubber piece and fitted them to my contour.

Back