• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

svt uim on se lim

• Thread starter irish_svt_wannabe
  • Start date
I

irish_svt_wannabe

hi there, i have searched through the forums and cant find the answer. so here goes, i have a se contour. i bought a svt uim, tb and tps. can i install this on my stock se lim? will it bolt up correctly? also how much of a pain in the ass is it to install this throttle cable because i know that the svt throttle plate rotates in the opposite direction as the se. i have read that you have to modify the trottle bracket because they no longer make this part. is this true? any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi there, i have searched through the forums and cant find the answer. so here goes, i have a se contour. i bought a svt uim, tb and tps. can i install this on my stock se lim? will it bolt up correctly? also how much of a pain in the ass is it to install this throttle cable because i know that the svt throttle plate rotates in the opposite direction as the se. i have read that you have to modify the trottle bracket because they no longer make this part. is this true? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get an SVT throttle body bracket. I bought one from Tousley Ford as well as the SVT throttle cable.

The cable itself is not that difficult to install. You unhook it from the pedal, disconnect it under the hood, follow it to the firewall and pull firmly to get it out. Then you route the new one the same way the old one came out and hook it back up to the pedal and new throttle body.

I believe cars built after 5/99 all had the SVT spec LIM. If your car is older than that you will just have smaller ports in the lower intake, but everything will bolt up.

There is more information than you could ever need about these intake manifold swaps on newcougar.org since this is a popular modification there. They call it the "SVT Lite" swap.

Back