• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT L Dyno and track Vid.

I don't think that a 1/8 -> 1/4 mile converter is a very reliable source. The 1/8 mile of a V8 supercharged truck and a front wheel drive turbo V6 are going to be completely different? A 2.2 60' isn't very good for a Rear wheel drive vehicle with some power either. I think his 12 range is a completely reasonable estimate.

for the love of god.... didn't i say that the truck is capable of running good times? yes!

my main point is that until you run those times, you can't talk about them with any authority.

let me add another frame of reference. i raced a 10.80 cobra last weekend, and he put a quarter panel on me. is my car therefore a 10.90 car? hell no! until i run a time, any time, i can't brag.

for the love of god.... didn't i say that the truck is capable of running good times? yes!

my main point is that until you run those times, you can't talk about them with any authority.

let me add another frame of reference. i raced a 10.80 cobra last weekend, and he put a quarter panel on me. is my car therefore a 10.90 car? hell no! until i run a time, any time, i can't brag.
Not once did I brag about my times. You are the one who came in here with the internet tuner attitude and told me I will be mid 13's. All I said Is It will be in the 12's. Now you fill you have to fight to the death to prove your point.

Not once did I brag about my times. You are the one who came in here with the internet tuner attitude and told me I will be mid 13's. All I said Is It will be in the 12's. Now you fill you have to fight to the death to prove your point.

robert asked what your 1/4 mile time ended up being, and i answered him. are you illiterate or just ignoring that post? :nonono:

i never once said "that's a 13-second truck" or anything of that ilk. i simply stated what your truck ran in that run, and what it converts to.

and WTF is an internet tuner? and what attitude? :shrug: :help:

i can see that you are never going to see the light here. either come back with acutal 12 second time slips, or let it go. :rolleyes:
No. I understand what you are saying just fine. But hear me. I don't care what you 1/4 mile calculator says. You mean to tell me every time you put new parts on your car you don't say "well I should be able to hit x.xx @ xxmph"?:nonono:

You mean to tell me every time you put new parts on your car you don't say "well I should be able to hit x.xx @ xxmph"?:nonono:

ummm yeah, that's why i said "i'm not saying the truck isn't capable of it, but according to that video he posted, it wasn't doing it then."

you don't own a 12 second vehicle. you own one that should be easily in the 12's, but without a slip, it ain't! (again, i'm in the same boat.... my car should run mid 11's or better.... but until it does, i'm stuck with a 13.6 second car :laugh: )

ummm yeah, that's why i said "i'm not saying the truck isn't capable of it, but according to that video he posted, it wasn't doing it then."

you don't own a 12 second vehicle. you own one that should be easily in the 12's, but without a slip, it ain't! (again, i'm in the same boat.... my car should run mid 11's or better.... but until it does, i'm stuck with a 13.6 second car :laugh: )

:mad::confused:

Back