• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT headlight help?

ckostler1

New CEG'er
alright guys.. my driverside headlight is all "fogged" and scratched up i have tried buffing it and used some scratch-X on it it helped a little but its still pretty bad! i have searched and searched all over but can't find a replacement anywhere! does anyone know if i could try anything else to buff it out? or know where i can find a replacement headlight? :confused:

here ya go... http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=23585

try searching the site before you ask. there is so much information on this site and lots of how-tos to get almost anythign done.

you can always look on the classifieds on here or ebay. Again, do a google search. The big name chains arent always the cheapest. i have found pretty good headlights for as little as 50 bucks a peice. there is a set(maybe sold)in the classifieds that were hightowered for 130 shipped or cheaper with your old set. Look around.

Go grab a 3M kit with the polishing pad for you drill and you're set (if you have a drill). You'll have to sand off those foggy layers and then polish the new plastic.

The lights on my 2000 SVT were quite fogged,used 1000 grit wet sand followed by 1500 then 2000,finished with Bluemagic headlight lens restorer,costs about $5.00 at autozone or advanced auto. Helped quite a bit,but my lights also had hundreds of fine stress cracks so I got a pair of new ones at Am auto part. WWW.am-autoparts.com Cost $135 a pair shipped to my door, and even had new bulbs!

Those fine "cracks" were probably just scratches that would have polished out with more time or something powered. But its hard to pass up a whole new set of lenses for $100 shipped of eBay.

Bill Jenkins @ TeamFordParts has great deals on all OEM Parts and to avoid fitment issues everyone suggests you go OEM for the headlights.

Also he dsnt rip you off for Motorcraft parts:cool:

- amyn

There is a kit that goes to a drill that worked great for me, they turned out alot better.
Agreed. The 3m kit is amazing for the price and has a very nice reusable polishing pad for giving the lights a quick polish now and then.

Back