• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Svt front bumper

Geddup Noise

CEG'er
So, just got some new rubber on my stock wheels. Unfortunately the shop broke my front bumper backing off of the lift. They are going to pay for a body shop to repair it. Problem is, can't find another bumper and the body shops said they can't fix it.

Need one front SVT Bumper in decent shape (No Cracks) doesn't matter what color. Will pay shipping to 40203.

Thanks!

I have a black one here for you. $150 + shipping via greyhound. It would need a re-paint.

5-11-2013036_zps1149f4f9.jpg

5-11-2013037_zpsf562c964.jpg

5-11-2013038_zps177ab5b2.jpg

5-11-2013039_zpsc40242fc.jpg

Going to have a hard time finding one without the cracks, aren't I? Since the service center is paying for it, I'm not sure they'll go for another bumper that's cracked. The one on the drivers side doesn't bother me as much as the one on the left.

Yeah, at this point of life for 95% of SVT contours they will all have that tear into the small hole under the lip of the bumper.

Damn that sucks.... I guess mine would be a little stronger in that area and easier to repair than yours. Let me know. I can check greyhound to you if you give me an address or nearest greyhound station location to you.

Louisville, KY I don't have the exact specs on it (weight) but I looked at a quote earlier. Maybe around 75 to 100 bones. I think that's about what I paid for my rear bumper shipping.

Yeah, at this point of life for 95% of SVT contours they will all have that tear into the small hole under the lip of the bumper.
Man I feel lucky now..as when i got my mystique undercoated they just about tore my SVT bumper the same way
It was on a drive on lift and I told them to be careful...if i didn't have old stock 15 in rims instead of 17 with low profile tires
I would be in the same boat...man those techs should be more careful

Well, I am stuck. I knew going into this, I was in for a treat. I just got the email back from the shop. They told me that they can't even repair Blu_fuz's bumper. I find that extremely hard to believe. Or maybe it's just that they wont. Knowing now that I'm not going to find a better one, I still want it. But if I can't get an estimate from anyone the shop isn't going to pay for it.:mad:

This has been a total PITA

Man that sucks. The best you can do is put an aluminum plate across the tear and rivet the plate to the lower lip of the bumper on the back. That will support the tear from being damaged any further.

Go on youtube and watch some videos on urethane bumper repairs, they also sell kits to repair bumpers like this.

They are screwing you. No reason either of those cant be repaired. Take it to another place, ask for a quote.

They are screwing you. No reason either of those cant be repaired. Take it to another place, ask for a quote.

That's just it. I have taken it to 4 shops in town. One dealer, and three independent shops. None of them can guarantee the work so they refuse to do it. So I can't get an estimate.

Just found a shop willing to do the work. They are going to repair the existing one. Nightmare over. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back