• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy SVT Contour

truebluetitan

New CEG'er
Hey guys, back when I was in high school my first new car was a base toreador red zetec ATX. I loved that thing and spent far too much of my high school and college years browsing this very forum as "Tred Tour".

Owning an SVT has always been on my bucket list and seeing the prices of them makes that dream seem oh so much closer today. Ideally, I'd like to buy a ready built 3L SVT that has been lovingly appreciated by someone who knows what they have (that's why I'm here). I think it's not going to be a hard sell to my wife if I can get it for $4k or less, but I'm willing to beg forgiveness for the right car too. She's been with me long enough to know that I have a "problem" with cars.

Hoping the right car is out there for me! I'm located in Pittsburgh, but willing to travel.

If you are willing to wait till September I will be looking to sell my car around then. I would be willing to sell it to the right buyer I may be willing to sell it sooner. I really wanted to wait till then so I have time to pull the engine and replace all the gaskets and seals along with many cosmetic engine parts and powdercoated parts under the hood. Ill be looking to get $4500 when its ready to go. Engine is a portmatched 3l with a cold air intake and exhaust. A few other misc engine performance parts as well when I pull the motor. The suspension is D2 coilovers with poly bushings all around and adjustable toebars and boxed rear lca's. I am currently downgrading brakes from baer to npg FSVT front brakes and stock rear which are brand new. Wheels are 18x7 OZ records going on this weekend.
IM sure im forgeting alot but for now if your interested PM me.
Heres the old wheels and koni/ground control coilovers

MV2_zpsb75a610e.jpg

Here Is the new wheels that are going on this weekend (need to install the front coilovers and brake swap) then its getting lowered again.

If you are willing to wait till September I will be looking to sell my car around then. I would be willing to sell it to the right buyer I may be willing to sell it sooner. I really wanted to wait till then so I have time to pull the engine and replace all the gaskets and seals along with many cosmetic engine parts and powdercoated parts under the hood. Ill be looking to get $4500 when its ready to go. Engine is a portmatched 3l with a cold air intake and exhaust. A few other misc engine performance parts as well when I pull the motor. The suspension is D2 coilovers with poly bushings all around and adjustable toebars and boxed rear lca's. I am currently downgrading brakes from baer to npg FSVT front brakes and stock rear which are brand new. Wheels are 18x7 OZ records going on this weekend.
IM sure im forgeting alot but for now if your interested PM me.
Heres the old wheels and koni/ground control coilovers

Hey there! Thanks for the quick reply, solo 92s10! The money is burning a hole in my pocket, and I was hoping to get something fun to drive while the weather is nice, but if I do not find a suitable car come September, I'm going to be sending you a PM. :)

No Title

I'm selling my 2000 CSVT, Black with tan interior. Full oval port 3L swap done in November 2013 and tuned by Adam Marrer of Pops Racing, Rochester NY. I installed a new clutch and slightly used BAT struts/H&R springs at the same time as the motor swap. NEW alternator and battery installed shortly after. A little over 120K on the car, less than 40K on the motor. Everything works except for the key fob (no keyless lock/unlock), power antenna, and AC. Paint is in good condition, typical scratches you would expect in a car this age but still looking very good. Interior in very good condition. Alpine stereo with bluetooth installed. Short shifter. New aftermarket headlamps with the hightower mod. Updated Focus fuel pump assembly. Newer pads and rotors. Front lower control arms and rear swaybar links and bushings recently replaced. 50% tread or more left on Kumho tires. I had rocker panel rust on the passenger rear where the sunroof drain is. Cleaned up the rust and applied a very good 3 stage rust proofing system before repairing with fiberglass - so visually, all is good - but I wouldn't use that location to jack the car up. I have the weld in steel rocker panel replacements, just haven't bothered installing it. ABS is kicking in right before coming to a stop - I cleaned all sensors and tone rings, and I suspect it is a faulty sensor. ABS light is not on in the dash.
Looking to get $3,000. In Oneonta NY. If interested I can get pics of anything you would like to see.

Attachments

• photo15563.jpg
    photo15563.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15564.jpg
    photo15564.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm selling my 2000 CSVT, Black with tan interior. Full oval port 3L swap done in November 2013 and tuned by Adam Marrer of Pops Racing, Rochester NY. I installed a new clutch and slightly used BAT struts/H&R springs at the same time as the motor swap. NEW alternator and battery installed shortly after. A little over 120K on the car, less than 40K on the motor. Everything works except for the key fob (no keyless lock/unlock), power antenna, and AC. Paint is in good condition, typical scratches you would expect in a car this age but still looking very good. Interior in very good condition. Alpine stereo with bluetooth installed. Short shifter. New aftermarket headlamps with the hightower mod. Updated Focus fuel pump assembly. Newer pads and rotors. Front lower control arms and rear swaybar links and bushings recently replaced. 50% tread or more left on Kumho tires. I had rocker panel rust on the passenger rear where the sunroof drain is. Cleaned up the rust and applied a very good 3 stage rust proofing system before repairing with fiberglass - so visually, all is good - but I wouldn't use that location to jack the car up. I have the weld in steel rocker panel replacements, just haven't bothered installing it. ABS is kicking in right before coming to a stop - I cleaned all sensors and tone rings, and I suspect it is a faulty sensor. ABS light is not on in the dash.
Looking to get $3,000. In Oneonta NY. If interested I can get pics of anything you would like to see.
BlueOval0127, I'd love to see some more photos of your vehicle.
Are there any dents or dings on the vehicle?
Can you post photos of the interior and the front of the vehicle?
Any curb rash on the rims?
Have you attempted to troubleshoot any of the electrical issues that you reported? I'm curious as to how deep of a rabbit hole they may be.

THANKS!

I'll get some additional photos - interior and exterior - up tomorrow. There are no dings, only superficial scratches. I'll walk around and take close-ups of any blemishes. Curb rash on the rims is only on the very outermost lip of the rims in some locations (the part that wheel weights clamp on to) - only something you notice on close inspection. I'll be sure to get close ups of the rims as well. I haven't tried any trouble shooting on the A/C. The power antenna extends/retracts a little, but I unplugged it since it wasn't working properly. A section of the mast is either bent or it just needs to be lubricated. I'll work on it this weekend - I've been fine with the antenna down since I use a Sirius XM radio. All the power locks and windows work, it is just that I can't operate them via the keyfob. I've followed the procedure listed on this and other forums to try to match the key fob up to the vehicle after putting new batteries in the key, but no luck. After researching on forums, I'm fairly certain the ABS issue is due to a faulty sensor. It is still reading wheel speed, so not setting an ABS code, but must be reading incorrectly enough to activate the ABS pump. I'll see if there is further trouble shooting I can do this weekend.

I'll get some additional photos - interior and exterior - up tomorrow. There are no dings, only superficial scratches. I'll walk around and take close-ups of any blemishes. Curb rash on the rims is only on the very outermost lip of the rims in some locations (the part that wheel weights clamp on to) - only something you notice on close inspection. I'll be sure to get close ups of the rims as well. I haven't tried any trouble shooting on the A/C. The power antenna extends/retracts a little, but I unplugged it since it wasn't working properly. A section of the mast is either bent or it just needs to be lubricated. I'll work on it this weekend - I've been fine with the antenna down since I use a Sirius XM radio. All the power locks and windows work, it is just that I can't operate them via the keyfob. I've followed the procedure listed on this and other forums to try to match the key fob up to the vehicle after putting new batteries in the key, but no luck. After researching on forums, I'm fairly certain the ABS issue is due to a faulty sensor. It is still reading wheel speed, so not setting an ABS code, but must be reading incorrectly enough to activate the ABS pump. I'll see if there is further trouble shooting I can do this weekend.

Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Sounds like a solid car. :)

No Title

Here are some more exterior pics. There are some scratches here and there - on the front drivers side corner (bumper) and the trunklid are the worst. I just waxed it, so its hard to photograph them well. There is a small dent in the roof - I got that in one of the pictures. Rust is just starting on the bottom of the drivers side door. It cleans up nice, but does have the blemishes you would expect on a 15 year old car.

Attachments

• photo15832.jpg
    photo15832.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo15834.jpg
    photo15834.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo15835.jpg
    photo15835.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15836.jpg
    photo15836.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15837.jpg
    photo15837.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 2
No Title

Pics of the rear and wheels...

Attachments

• photo15830.jpg
    photo15830.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15831.jpg
    photo15831.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15833.jpg
    photo15833.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15838.jpg
    photo15838.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo15839.jpg
    photo15839.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 1
No Title

Interior and engine. Full 3L swap with EGR system intact, running Contour coil mounted to the front valve cover. I have 136K on the car, the 3L was put in at 123K.

Attachments

• photo15840.jpg
    photo15840.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15841.jpg
    photo15841.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15842.jpg
    photo15842.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15843.jpg
    photo15843.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo15844.jpg
    photo15844.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 0

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back