• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Suspension Opinions.

Alright, the SVT is clicking, and making all sorts of lovely noises as I go down the road. I'm due for new struts....badly. Originals with 124,xxx miles on them.
And since the thread up top seems to have been shortened since the site went down,

I'm looking for peoples opinions on this. I'm keeping the SVT springs, but what struts are the way to go? Its a daily driver, so i'm looking for something that wont bounce my head off the roof every time I hit a pothole, but I'm an....enthusiastic and spirited driver as well.

I'm looking in to monroe's or kyb's. I remember someone on here saying that the Koni's were too hard, and I'm not sure theres other strut manufacturers that I would trust. but lets hear them if you have a good set up going.

Alright, the SVT is clicking, and making all sorts of lovely noises as I go down the road. I'm due for new struts....badly. Originals with 124,xxx miles on them.
And since the thread up top seems to have been shortened since the site went down,

I'm looking for peoples opinions on this. I'm keeping the SVT springs, but what struts are the way to go? Its a daily driver, so i'm looking for something that wont bounce my head off the roof every time I hit a pothole, but I'm an....enthusiastic and spirited driver as well.

I'm looking in to monroe's or kyb's. I remember someone on here saying that the Koni's were too hard, and I'm not sure theres other strut manufacturers that I would trust. but lets hear them if you have a good set up going.

If you're looking for a slight upgrade, go BAT. The others you mention are OEM replacements, and not for SVT struts. It may depend on how much the price factors into your decision.

Ahh, Yes. Completely forgot about mentioning the BAT inc. Kit. I've been in a car with the whole bat setup before and it handled really well, but as far as cost goes, its a little bit out of my price range, not to mention Shipping is time I could be working on the car.
For the most part, I'm between the Monroes, KYB's or Gabriels. Anyone have Gabriels on their contour currently?

Back