• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Street racers beware!!!!!!

I wonder if his reaction was this.......

Mother20of20God.jpg

i would hope so...they're just the stock 240hp with more agressive shift points...

i remember talking to my grampa about them. He used to be pretty high up in ford. They also got, heavy main bearings, more open exhaust, better breaking system, heavier suspension(to last longer), and a gutted interior. :shrug:

How long are those cars going to last. I can guarentee you that the cops will run the cars hard and wont know how to drive them properly.

Just wait one day when the cop drives out in the rain and puts it into a guardrail...

i take pride in knowing i can school any "police" crown vic in the twisties. 2 cops came up to an autocross here in KC and ran their cars. they had just gotten off duty and someone paid their entry fees to prove to them how stupidly slow the cars are lol. we have a viper in leawood but it is only a scare tactic. i get pulled over for tint all the time and one of these days an officer is gonna get an earful. im tired of it! someone correct me if im wrong but i heard in cali they are trying to get a law passed that states if you are caught street racing you will be arrested then you have to watch your car go in a crusher and after that get a 1 year jail sentence or something of that nature. like i said correct me if im wrong

i take pride in knowing i can school any "police" crown vic in the twisties. 2 cops came up to an autocross here in KC and ran their cars. they had just gotten off duty and someone paid their entry fees to prove to them how stupidly slow the cars are lol. we have a viper in leawood but it is only a scare tactic. i get pulled over for tint all the time and one of these days an officer is gonna get an earful. im tired of it! someone correct me if im wrong but i heard in cali they are trying to get a law passed that states if you are caught street racing you will be arrested then you have to watch your car go in a crusher and after that get a 1 year jail sentence or something of that nature. like i said correct me if im wrong

they had a special either on CNN or MSNBC regarding that about 3 months ago or more.
In California, police can actually take your car, but the judge can order your car to be crushed.
this has happened already a few times.
I am not sure on doing time too. that would be a real kick in the teeth!!
Thanks Governator!!

wow, im glad Missouri is so far behind when it comes to law enforcement vehicles. the worst we have around here are a few unmarked chargers, vics, and impalas. and most of them are actually easy to spot due to the extra antennas and bull bars they put on the front. the rest of them are simply the police interceptor vics, V6 impalas that are so damn slow, or the new 08' suburbans.. why suburbans??.. however, its a different story when you cross the river into Illinois here from south St Louis. they have the normal vics, but ive also been close to being pulled over simply for speeding by some of the more undercover cars. ive seen two 95' cobras on aftermarket wheels, loud exhaust, flat black tint, the works with lasers sticking out the windows sitting under overpasses. ive also seen a few LS1 camaros with the same mods either pulling someone over or trying to make you go faster than you should and then pulling you over.. i hate cops..

i remember talking to my grampa about them. He used to be pretty high up in ford. They also got, heavy main bearings, more open exhaust, better breaking system, heavier suspension(to last longer), and a gutted interior. :shrug:

doesn't matter. they don't have any extra HP over stock. if they do it's negligable.

Gutted interior doesnt count for much when they fill it back up with hundreds of pounds of gear afterwards.

I don't know about anyone else, but I bet they have a lot of people drive to populated areas before pulling over. I know I would have to give some serious thought to whether or not I pull over for an obviously heavily modded 350Z (FMIC, CF hood, lowered, rims, etc.).

funniest one i've seen was an excursion. It blue lighted an old motorcycle. Almost like being chased by a school bus.

i would cry if they take my car ... if i cant have it neither will u. boom there goes my car smashed into a tree. sorry go take a Z or a stang ..

ive been pulled over by one of those damn suburbans. i was like what the hell! i almost didnt pull over cause we have a lot of queers out here who think they are funny.

Can you still get busted if you at the line and don't know the car next to you is an officer. He rev at you and when is green, you go and you act like you're going to race him, then right when you reach the speed limit, you stay at that speed. So can they still bust you for that? or what if you just like to accelerate fast but follow speed limit?

Can you still get busted if you at the line and don't know the car next to you is an officer. He rev at you and when is green, you go and you act like you're going to race him, then right when you reach the speed limit, you stay at that speed. So can they still bust you for that? or what if you just like to accelerate fast but follow speed limit?

They can still get your for exhabition of speed if you peel out of there etc.

Probably give you a display of power ticket..... or something stupid like that...

Back