• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

steering wheel logo insert

compudude86

CEG'er
Is it just me, did I dream this up, or was someone making/offering a blue/silver logo bubble insert thing for the contour steering wheel? I feel like it was part of a group buy along with the SVT insert for the exterior ford logos...

Here is mine. I picked it up on eBay.

ImportedPhotos00001-1.jpg

Ha, I just got mine at pick n pull from a focus today, although yours looks better, mine was a pain to get out of the wheel, and there are tiny cracks in the silver of the "ford" text, other than that, I have a color ford logo now!

Mine came from parkedcar. I don't know if he's still doing them, I would assume so. He's done several for me including a "ghost" SVT logo for the rear doors. His work is perfect and his prices are very reasonable.

I wanted to bump this. I just installed a '99 Cougar steering wheel and need an emblem for it. Is parkedcar still doing domed overlays? Or are there any NECO guys that do this kind of work?

No way man. Easier than picking fresh bubble gum from the bottom of a table :laugh:. There are just 3 little aluminum tabs bent through the vinyl of the steering wheel, when you pull they straighten right out and off comes the emblem.

Mine

0317101627-1.jpg

Black Cougar wheel, black Cougar airbag, black Cougar steering column cover, custom SVT center cap logo that I got from I have no idea where from... it was a custom center cap logo place for rims but it fit where the Cougar used to be perfectly. Apologize for the terrible picture, it was circa 2009 with an old digital camera. Crazy that my phone will take a picture 10x nicer than that did 3 years ago.

Back