• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

State po-po

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Last night I had a Stater blow by me doing at least 90-100. Came from out of no where and scared the ish out of me. All of a sudden I saw headlights and it blew by me. No lights on or anything. Is that ok for them to do? Never seen one do that.

Happens all the F'in time here in Lapeer, they do some really dangerous around here, pisses me the F off.

probably about as OK as it was for the state fire inspector do something similar to me last year

Emergency vehicles cannot exceed the speed limit without light and sirens.

Thats not true. Police are able to violate certain laws within the aspects of their employment.

For example say there's a burgulary taking place and they want to sneak up on the suspect before giving him a chance to escape or hurt others.
Police will often speed to the scene with no lights or siriens. It all depends on the circumstances.

Thats not true. Police are able to violate certain laws within the aspects of their employment.

For example say there's a burgulary taking place and they want to sneak up on the suspect before giving him a chance to escape or hurt others.
Police will often speed to the scene with no lights or siriens. It all depends on the circumstances.

I also had my buddy, who works with the county sherriff, tell me that they can brake the law to uphold the law. I wonder to what extent.

Had a Officer responding to a call in the valley, 100+ speeds and a truck pulled out in front of him (legally) didnt see him and the officer died. He was also to blame and the call he was responding to was fake.

I also had my buddy, who works with the county sherriff, tell me that they can brake the law to uphold the law. I wonder to what extent.

Another example of that would be an undercover officer who handles drugs as part of a sting. Obviously the cop wont get charged with possesion.

Emergency vehicles cannot exceed the speed limit without light and sirens.

Who's gonna pull them over? They probably have contests inside the stations to see who can get a civilian to complain the most about their speeds flying by them for no reason... :shrug::laugh:

Who's gonna pull them over? They probably have contests inside the stations to see who can get a civilian to complain the most about their speeds flying by them for no reason... :shrug::laugh:

Nobody will pull them over. However if they do something very dangerous or unethical, one can file a report with thier supervisior. It will go on thier file. If very serious, IA will get involved.

I know and have been around many officers on several occasions. There is always riffs between them. Some accuse others of breaking the law on many occasions. Most of the time..it's a few simple words...or stories of there carelessness.

Either way...we can't do anything...and they make a joke of there breaking the law. Unless you have a camera...it's pointless to file a complaint. They will track you...and harass you...and it's hard to prove that they are.:blackeye:

That stuff annoys the hell out of me. Saw a cop coming opposite direction on a median divided road doing well over the speed limit with no lights or anything. It was a fairly secluded area so there's no way in hell he was trying to sneak up on anyone.

Also, if I remember correctly, unless it is a special circumstance a police officer is not to exceed over 20 mph of the posted speed limit.

About as ok for a detective to brandish a firearm at local folks having a snowball fight...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8424836.stm

First the gun pull was wrong!

Those kids were having a snow ball fight in between city streets. They were standing in the street while having this fight. Cars got hit...even though the same car they hit...they helped by going over to help push it, after it had to stop because of them standing in the street.

Still those kids were def instigating the cop...and the cop lost his composure. He should have detained those who throw the snow balls at him and vehicles. Not draw his gun...:nonono:

mass snowball fights can be dangerous. they happen at MSU all the time and people get head injuries and stuff all the time from them. including innocent bystanders. i think the cop should have shot some mofos.

Back