• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ST220 vacuum lines

JonStags.PNG

You can see this was the last tune sent I want you notice the STFT are prefect...........1.00 meaning the car is running stoich also pay attention to the rpms smooth but please recognize the spark is jumping from 0-25 never have I ever saw spark dropping flatline unless the knock sensor is retarding it but of course running 30 degrees on cruis and up to 26 degrees in WOT will not make the engine ping. Now could it have been a bad file maybe from SCT value files but the car ran fine before. I received a email that the car started running badly once the ST220 manifold was put on. Now of course I didn't do the install nor did I see the car. I have tuned over 300 customer all duratec V6 setups. I have maybe two guys on my list that were not sucessful on finding out the problems rather they are tunes etc.. Quit saying Generic tunes go to www.tuningbyjames.com and tell him email tunes are junk be ready to eat the words... that is how he makes his living and he tuned raptors, Ford GT and many more cars over the internet because with the technolgy today and with the proper gauges that datalog to the SCT you don't have to sit on a dyno and have a guy rush you out the door because he has to charge $100 hour for tuning to pay for his time. As a customer who is willing to do some work and do datalogging this can be done cheaper and driveabilty is more important to you. The dyno does not give you the driveabilty part ................this is the last part you do to see where you can dd more spark your A/F should be dead on before you reach the dyno. I appreciate your input but unless you talk to my 300+ customers I tuned their cars and asked them how their tune is please understand their is more to the story than this I did not give up on Jon Staggs I stayed on the phone with him todl him to go back to stock tune and stock injectors to chnage one part after the other and he was burnt by this point. Most the problems with swaps is there are to many things done at once I have seen every problem not even related tuning and helped them find the issue at no extra charge. If you feel $100 is alot of money for my custom tuning reburns are unlimited then please look on..... Just upsetting to see the bad mouthing when all I do is improve the parts and make new R&D heck I have a 3.9 liter in the makings right now...... I don't ever get involved in the public stuff but I had to show you the datalog pic if you like to see the full file I will send it you direct. Joey

I personally spent quite a few hours on the phone with Jon trying to trouble shoot this issue. Based on Joey's response we trouble shooted everything in the system to check for the spark issue. he swapped out to different coil packs, different wires, and different plugs. I had him check the harness wiring from the ECM to the connector and the engine and from the connector to the coil pack. I also had him checking from the power distrubtion block to the coil pack and alternator. Then I also had him check the wiring for the cam and crank sensor wires. No issues were found. My last suggestion to him was to put the stock components back on the engine and run a stock tune, which sounds like what Joey had suggested too. However I believe Jon had just had enough and was ready to throw in the towel. However I think it is safe to say that on the vehicle component side of things there was nothing that was identified that could be causing spark problems. However Jon changed quite a number of parts at once and when you run into something like this everything can become suspect. There is to much to list here in detail though, hopefully things get figured out though.

Fastford just told me about this today. yes the tune was ok before the intake manifold install, but once the intake was installed correctly and an air/fuel gauge was installed I datalogged for joey to get the A/F and intake manifold tuned in correctly. Once I recieved the new updated tune is when the spark problem came up, and I was told by Joey that it was not the tune causing the issue.
now I am very upset to find out that it was indeed the tune, I prolly spent about $1500 on parts trying to fix this issue.

Back