• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

spotted

He just had to post a shot with the build number sticking out didn't he?
If it was just the front of the bumper it still could have been anyone's car.

Here ya go royalblue, a shot of my car with the wing window. There are three, as far as we know, in existence in the US.

Clouds2.jpg

OK, I felt like ho'ing a bit today. ;)
thanks :drool::drool::drool::drool: fo sho but (and take this as a compliment) you guy's suck cause now I want one even more:cry:

I know what you mean Paul, I was the same way. I really wasn't sure I liked it at first but it's grown on me.
It was on the car before I bought it, the original owner took it off before he traded in the car, he wanted me to have it but I wasn't sure I liked it. I passed on taking it back and that's how Allen came to have it on his SVT. Now that it's back and it's been on for awhile, I like it. Al, the original owner (user name: SVT2059), is glad it's back on the car too. :)

Starjammir, yamaha racer 686 are the other two that have them.
No offense taken royal. ;) :laugh:

looks like you got a battery maintainer hooked up to it...what brand are you using?

that I do. I am using the BatteryMinder from VDC Electronics. I picked it up for ~$100 from Northern Tools. I recently started using the temparature sensor also which works really well. I had a battery kicking around that I wanted to charge and it wouldn't charge. When I added the temp sensor the charger kicked right in and worked great. I don't leave it plugged in all the time. But on nice days recently I have. I will eventally pull the battery and keep it on the charger inside since it comments about using it below 32 degrees.

I recently started using one that I bought at Advance Auto...paid about $40, but I forget the brand; I leave mine on all the time, though...

well I got this one because my father did an likes it alot. He did comment that when charging the battery on the mustang out in the garage that it wouldn't switch from the charge mode to the float mode when the terminals where not disconnected from the battery. I used the included rign terminals and attached to the battery cable connectors. And I have left it for a number of hours on the lowest charge setting and it wouldn't change over to float mode. but if I bump up the charge rate it will switch within a few minutes.

so I guess I am just nervious about it ..... are your garages heated?

oh and one more ...

picture.php

sometimes my charger takes 8 or more hours to switch over to float mode, depending on how drained the battery is...the garage is heated, but I only run the heat when I need it since it runs off of a 220 volt outlet.

sometimes my charger takes 8 or more hours to switch over to float mode, depending on how drained the battery is...the garage is heated, but I only run the heat when I need it since it runs off of a 220 volt outlet.

you see thats my thing. from the instructions "If battery is being charged or maintained in temperatures as low as 32F to a high of 125F this sensor must be used." in reference to the temp sensor for the charger.

so I read that as it shouldn't be used it the temp is below 32 degrees. that is why I haven't left it on overnight and have used it when the temp has been up during the day.

You're such a tease posting that last picture. :laugh:
I have heat in the garage also but don't have it on all the time either. I really don't know how long it's been taking to switch over.
I also have a towel under the cord so it doesn't rest on my bumper. :D ;)

you see thats my thing. from the instructions "If battery is being charged or maintained in temperatures as low as 32F to a high of 125F this sensor must be used." in reference to the temp sensor for the charger.

so I read that as it shouldn't be used it the temp is below 32 degrees. that is why I haven't left it on overnight and have used it when the temp has been up during the day.

I think your safe in low temperatures as long as you have the sensor...it must be a pain pulling the battery and then having the car relearn everything when your reinstall it...

I gotta do that to my SVT as well. It'll be going into storage in the next couple of days. I wanted to have it tucked away sooner but school got in the way of that. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time this one's seen snow. Although fortunately, no more snow for it!

Got all my stuff out of it today and into the Mystique. Got the oil changed today, was due anyways, figured I might as well just get 'er done!

What other things do you do to prep the vehicles for storage?

fuel stabilizer if you want
make sure tires are inflated, over inflated alittle
discconnect/maintain battery
clean and cover, perhaps carbag ...
oil change (both of mine where done recently so I will wait)
some put it on boads and roll the car around through the month.

otherwise there have been a number of threads on this.

well we don't roll the cars around - that's just silly. ;)
But we do roll them forward or back a few inches every couple weeks.
We have the cars parked on flat boards that are 4 feet long and about 12 inches wide beneath each tire.
It's a storage suggestion we read about years ago, so we've been doing it ever since.

Back