• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speaker Size

Dylan

New CEG'er
I searched the forum, but didn't have any luck. Really simple question: What size speakers are in the Contour. (If it matters, I have a 1996 GL.)

Thanks much,
Dylan

I believe they are 6x8's all around. Easiest way to find out what you car accepts is to either call crutchfield or go to their website, put in your car info and it will tell you what fits in your car.

Yah, your looking at 6x8's. 6x9's will fit, some maybe better than others. I have 6.5"s up front and 6x9's in the rear. The rear handle kinda hits, so it kinda angle's the speaker.

OK, if I got 4 stock 6"x8" speakers from a 2006 Mazda 3 off of ebay, would there be any connection issues otherwise? I've never replaced speakers before, are there just universal plug and play connections? Or would I have to look for adapters or something like that? Thanks again.

-Dylan

i wouldn't waste your time with stock speaker, you can get a decent set of pioneer speakers at Wal-mart, then go to best buy or circuit city and get the adaptors so its plug and play ...crutfied would have the adaptors also but they are pricey ...

Well the thing is, I'm broke. And my current speaker situation is 2 blown and 2 cracked. :) If I can get 4 1-month old stock speakers off a 2006 Mazda for like 20 bucks on ebay, that would work for me financially. Keeping that in mind, would there be connection issues, going with Mazda speakers into a Ford?

Thanks,
Dylan

well if they are 5x7 or 6x8 then they will mount in the door but the connector is completely different ... the contour speakers have a t shaped connector

what you could do is get some wire and connectors and make an adaptor ...

Damn. OK, well I will have to tackle that when they arrive.. I got them for 5 bucks. Thanks for all the help man.

Last edited:
That's either the world's smallest ferrite magnet, or a decent sized Neodymium for a factory speaker. Neo is lighter and has more magnetic force than standard ferrite magnets.

If you still need something, hit me up on here, or email me, ScottKeffer (at) gmail [dot] com and I'll see what I can do.

Morgan

Back