• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spares that fit 13" Baer front brakes or upgraded rear brakes????

Chas

Veteran CEG'er
I was wondering if anyone knows of spare wheels that will fit over 13" Baer Track Plus fronts? I have a spare set of 18" rims I can use, but a smaller spare would be nicer for trunk space.

As a second choice, I would need a spare that will fit over Milan rear brake kit (uses 300mm FSVT front rotors), or NPG rear brake kit (uses 278mm CSVT front rotors). I've tried the stock CSVT spare on the Milan rear kit, and there is no way to make it work, even with spacers. I haven't tried the CSVT spare on the NPG rear kit yet.

Let me know what you guys think...

Someone has used a FSVT Spare on the forums, but I believe it was to be paired with 17" wheels only. I dont know if the would work on the back with Milan's Bracket.

Might want to chat up the focus forms as Brembo BBK are big over there.

Hey Chas, the CSVT spare might fit over the rear with the 278mm rotors. With the TCE 11.75" (~298mm) rear kit, the spare would not. Luckily one of the local Focus guys was nice enough to give me his FSVT spare, which fit nicely... as well as weighing less. If you want to borrow mine to check the fit, then that's cool...

What TourEnvy was talking about... http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?23343-Focus-SVT-spare-tire

That would be sweet! Go figure, you already found the solution to the problem. I'm actually coming up this week, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. I'll meet up with you during that time.

I'll be interested I hearing the solution. I'll have a 13'' / milan kit together soon. Either it be the csvt spare on back or fsvt.

I'll be interested I hearing the solution. I'll have a 13'' / milan kit together soon. Either it be the csvt spare on back or fsvt.

The CSVT spare does not fit with the Milan kit. It may fit the NPG kit, which I will check Friday once I get back from Phoenix. I'll also check the FSVT spare vs. the Milan kit on Firday after I borrow Morbid's FSVT spare.

I would think the best bet would be to use the FSVT spare on the back of the car. As for the front, just rotate a rear wheel forward and use the spare on the back. Thats how its suppose to be done anyway, iirc.

Back