• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone in GTA to build 3L?

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
Okay is there anyone in the GTA that's willing to build a 3L? I'm not too sure on which kinds there are (I just know there are multiple ways of doing a 3L :laugh:)

I specified GTA because if possible I don't want to have to travel too far. I'm not looking for someone to swap it in as well like the last thread. I'm just strictly looking for someone to build the engine. Thanks!

You should clarify by what you mean "build". Do you mean hybrid (2.5L heads/3L block or Oval port 3L (with 2.5L manifolds or 3L maniflolds)? Depending on what you want there are a number of things involved that would have to be done during the build or during the install.

A hybrid is the simplest to drop in but involves a more extensive build. A 3L oval port with 2.5L manifolds involves porting the heads and some welding. A 3L oval port with oval port manifolds involves a custom fuel rail and a custom EGR pipe and TB linkage.

Also what are you going to do for tuning. If you go with a 3L manifold you lose the IMRC which causes a CEL which would need to be turned off.

Building the motor is really the easiest part. Getting someone to install it correctly is the problem.

If you want to talk more you can email me at egroenke_at_gmail_dot_com

Also FWIW I've done my own 3L build/install (see sig) as well as 2 others so I know my way around these cars.

Back