• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Slow gay car and crappy pics beware

What else was done to it, what turbo?

I'm not really 100% sure what's done to it exactly... I know it has it's fair share of bolt-on's though ;)

As far as I can remember it has an Evo 9 turbo with a different wheel I think... it has cams (HKS I think here again lol), boost controller, and a few other bolt-on's as well. I do know for a fact that he's still on the stock motor and as I said it's "corn-fed" as well. It reaches full boost before 3000 RPM's and it rolls on out :laugh:

If I remember next time I talk to him I'll get a full mod list for you if you want.

Shannon

joshdyno.jpg

As far as E85 goes, here are the results with my brother's '03 Cobra motor in a '86GT. Middle line is just from changing the converter from the year before baseline. Top line is from the change to E85 and some extra timing.
About 30-40 rwhp/tq just by going to corn. This was also still a very conservative change and the car also runs slightly cooler now.
I have a FAST system so my car should have 93/E85/race gas tunes this year and much more boost :crazy:
Definitely switch if its easy to get local---race gas at the pump :laugh:.
-J

Just out of curiosity, why run E85? Ethanol has a higher octane rating because it is an alcohol, but to create the same amount of energy, twice as much ethanol has to be burned. That's the big issue with ethanol as an alternative fuel, because in order to go the same distance with the current technology the tanks on cars would have to be nearly double what they currently are. One would, in essence, be paying far more per 100 miles than they would on conventional gasoline or some other option.

You might be basing it solely on the octane, which if that's the case then carry on, but i figured I'd shed some light how i saw it.

(It's my APA based research paper for my English class.) :laugh:

Just out of curiosity, why run E85? Ethanol has a higher octane rating because it is an alcohol, but to create the same amount of energy, twice as much ethanol has to be burned. That's the big issue with ethanol as an alternative fuel, because in order to go the same distance with the current technology the tanks on cars would have to be nearly double what they currently are. One would, in essence, be paying far more per 100 miles than they would on conventional gasoline or some other option.

You might be basing it solely on the octane, which if that's the case then carry on, but i figured I'd shed some light how i saw it.

(It's my APA based research paper for my English class.) :laugh:
Basically because its like race gas at the pump.
Def. not for the mpgs as you've mentioned but the approx. 105 octane and cooler intake charge allow for much more power than 93/94 premium if your car and tune allow (esp. for boosted cars).
-J

Back