• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Single Life.... Meh

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
Well, after 2.5 years (Friday), Marissa and I finally decided on the inevitable last night. I called her, and we mutually decided to break things up for now. We're both going into college, and want to date around a bit. We tried an open relationship for about a month, but it just didn't feel right.

I'm so confused right now. 50% of me is excited to get back in the game, as I feel like I have a lot to offer right now. I'm about to leave for Washington D.C. to represent my college in front of the National Science Foundation so we can keep a grant; I've got a great job; great family; and lots going on. I can't wait to go out and try my hand at the dating game, as I've always been wayy confident with girls. The other half of me is extremely sad. Marissa was (and still is) my number one gal and best friend for over 2 and a half years. At this point, I really don't know life without her as my girlfriend, and I'm not sure how much I want to be without her. We wil still talk every day, we just won't be in a relationship.

Also, this whole situation has made me very glad that we never did go through with "it". I'd feel terrible calling it off after such a commitment on her part, and mine. Her feelings have always taken precident over mine, which adds to my pride in the ability to refrain from pressuring her.

So, babe, if you ever read this... I am sooo proud to know you. Whomever winds up with you in the long run; be it me or anyone else; will be lucky beyond words. You are a special woman, and I cherish every moment I have known you. Thank you.

To everyone else, this is an open topic for discussion. Opinion, advise, and otherwise are, as always, welcome and appreciated. This is a difficult and confusing time for me, and I hope to get some answers from you.

Sucks that you guys parted ways, but in all honesty, since you are both going to college it will be better for the both of you.

i was in the same situation when i started college, but we tried sticking it out, it took less than the first semester for me to realize it wasn't going to work. but at least it gave me something to boink when i came home. (no applicable in your situation)

You'll get over things in time.
Just don't dwell on the relationship too much. It's fine to continue being friends and keeping in touch, but don't pine over things in the past.
Enjoy the memories, but move on to newer adventures.

And take care not to try to find another girl so soon to replace her, especially one that is JUST like her.
You'll make yourself crazy being that specific.
Date around. Don't fall into any heavy committed relationships this early in your life.
Just meet people and have fun.

Honestly, a lot of things change when you get into college. Don't dwell on her actions or decisions because if you do things between you all will probably completely fall apart. There are gonna be times that she disappoints you esp if you still have feelings for her.

You should understand that shes going to make mistakes that everyone makes in college and prolly a few stupid decisions, but don't over react and burn that bridge forever because the time will come when shes over all that and will remember what a good friend you were through it all.

Good luck with it and just remember try not to be looking over her shoulder all the time or it will push her away even more

College is a tough time...lots of new things going on in the world. Your lucky you have a lot going for and I think you are approaching this with the right attitude. To have good friends, family and work to help keep your mind going is very important. It's tough, but I'm sure you will make it through.

I was in a 4 year relationship with a young lady that I thought might be the one, but we would argue more than I liked and there were some trust issues. We tried the breaking up and getting back together thing once or twice. Ultimately, we decided we were not right for each other and ended our relationship. It was strange for a year but we kept in touch.

I met my wife in college and discovered everything I was missing in life. My wife is a very close second to the most wonderful thing that has happened in my life, the first being the birth of our son. We can be ourselves together and she's my perfect match. I could not imagine a world without her. We love each other, we trust each other and we take the world on together. As with all relationships there are ups and downs, but I have never felt that I need to convince her to love me or stick it out with me...we are always there for each other.

I'm still friends with my ex and her husband. My wife and I have gone out to dinner with them and my wife has even gone out with my ex for girls night! Go out in the world, experiance life, college, women and enjoy!

You just don't know how to properly butter her up with the proper verbiage. Peppering in words like "grunties, bloomers and Wankel-rotary engine" will make her squirm.

Even when asking for the time of day.

...honestly, I've been reflecting, trying to figure out what my feelings mean. If the girl I fell in love w/ in high school would've walked up to me at ANY time over the past 20 years & said "ok, I'm ready now", I would've dropped everything for her...that's how much I love her & will until the day I die...we boinked, or something like that.

Now with what I'm dealing w/ there is a second person that is making me feel that way...only took 20 years, lol...and we haven't boinked, or something like that...yet

I really think you do need to get out there & have fun.

Last edited:
Hahaha, thanks, guys! Just BTW, I wanted to mention that there are absolutely no harsh feeling between the two of us, we just wanted to do the inevitable on our own terms. I'm just really glad she's such a classy gal, and I have great people like you to kinda talk me through this. It's tough.

But I can't wait to skank around!

I'm just really glad she's such a classy gal

Interesting choice of words. Most have other words for a girl that won't put out after 2.5 years...but since both of you were minors during this time, I'll allow it.

I'm beginning to think you're the one who slapped her hands away...:ponder:

Back