• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Silly spioler

yes. but with the muscle cars color. MOST of the time people color them the an original color to RESTORE them. but i do agree, some people paint them just to have a flashy car.. just like a ricer.

i never thought of it like that.. but it can go either way. i think the General Lee charger is definition of muscle rice.. haha

HAHAHAHA Muscle Rice. WIN

People who thought cars with paint colors like Gold Metallic, Plum Crazy, and Grabber Green were cool, really dont have a lot of room to talk about kids today making their cars super flashy.

OMG its a stock wing so its ok... but put in put it on a civic... woah:nonono:

the wing still should have never been put on ANY car... stock or not.

Reason 1 why that wing is acceptable. It is on a RWD car

Reason 2 why that wing is acceptable. It is actually functional. They NEEDED it to be that high up on the car, otherwise it would be non functional....it would be outside of the current of air...same reason why the Cobra R's is so high.

Reason 3 why that wing is acceptable. IIRC I don't think they could have opened the trunk if it was shorter.

Reason 1 why that wing is acceptable. It is on a RWD car

Reason 2 why that wing is acceptable. It is actually functional. They NEEDED it to be that high up on the car, otherwise it would be non functional....it would be outside of the current of air...same reason why the Cobra R's is so high.

Reason 3 why that wing is acceptable. IIRC I don't think they could have opened the trunk if it was shorter.

I admit that saying people would be complaining about the same wing on a civic is kinda a fail, but...

I think a lot of people on here suffer from quite a few misconceptions when it comes to spoilers. 1. Spoilers do not just provide downforce. They can also be used to control the airstream over the rear of a car and provide lateral stability at high speed and reduce air flow seperation. Look up Bernoulli's principle of fluid dynamics to help you understand how it works, fluid dynamics and aerodynamics are a lot the same. 2 Front wheel drive cars do require some downforce at high speeds, even on the back. The rears of front wheel drive cars are light and can lift. 3 that spoiler would not have been out of the current of air if it was closer to the car. It was raised to that height because the thinking was that it would be better to have it in the less disturbed airstream and to give enough clearance for the trunk to open. Having a very high spoiler like that does reduce drag when compared to a lower mounted spoiler. 4 the car is still ugly. A fart can muffler on a neon sounds like crap, but it is still a functional higher flowing muffler in most cases. Does that mean it is acceptable? No

and to get back on topic.

daytona-ricer.jpg

Not only that but that is an entirely different green than what was used on the eclipse from the movie.

bwhahahaha he has a jack holding it up:laugh::laugh:

thats cause its got one of those trunks that open and flip so they stay flat. The jack is there so someone doesnt knock it down and ruin that $500 a gallon green paint.

Back