• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SHO seats in a Contique

oberthecat

Veteran CEG'er
Has any installed 3rd Gen SHO seats in the front of a Contique? Was it difficult and was there enough room?

I don't remember seeing or hearing about SHO seats in a contique. Give it a try! Be the first and let us know how it turns out.

Why do you want to SHO seats though?

yeah? I have... I've also sat in a viper and an SRT4, multiple Caddilac models and a zillion other cars that had "nice" seats... what brings the SHO in to the forefront as being "all that great"? I think its just because the car is a niche market car, much like the SVT here, and so the thoughts are automatically bound to happen.

Go for it, but for the time and effort of making them work, I'd surely pick a better starting point. Hell, 95 Contour leathers were as good as SHO seats, and they're BOLT IN for crying out loud.

yeah? I have... I've also sat in a viper and an SRT4, multiple Caddilac models and a zillion other cars that had "nice" seats... what brings the SHO in to the forefront as being "all that great"? I think its just because the car is a niche market car, much like the SVT here, and so the thoughts are automatically bound to happen.

Go for it, but for the time and effort of making them work, I'd surely pick a better starting point. Hell, 95 Contour leathers were as good as SHO seats, and they're BOLT IN for crying out loud.

The SHO seats are much softer and give a more supple ride. My 95's were good as are the SVTs....and are very good for long distance driving, but the SHO's just seem to have more luxurious ride/feel to them.

I wonder if they would fit in MY SHO? They are very comfy, (and the V8 SHO sounded and drove nice too). I have noticed street rods often use reupholstered seats from Dodges like mine, and I have seen them use SHO seats from both old school and Gen 3 SHOS too. I have to expect the SHO seats are too wide for the snug Tour cabin. Stock 98 Mystique leather seats are comfortable but lack bolsters.

Last edited:
I had a 99 SHO and liked the seats a lot. My 99 Mystique LS has leather seats as well and while comfortable enough are not quite as good as I remember the SHO seats to be. Since my op I have learned that the SHO seats will take a lot of work to adapt because of the size and shape of the Taurus floor pan verses that of the Contique. A person perhaps much larger than myself has worn out the drivers seat. The bottom cushion longer stays attached to the seat frame plus the leather is worn badly. Maybe I will look for tan CSVT seats instead.

any year taurus seats are interchangable...several people on shoforum have gen3 seats in gen1's. direct bolt in

the seats in my 95 Mystique LS you sat on:cry: , the seats in my 95 Contour SE you sit in:drool:. Both gray leather

Have you sat in SHO seats out of a V8? :drool:

SHO seats are outstanding. But it's the Gen II seats you want -- from 1992-1995.

I don't know about anyone else, but my seats in my CSVT are crap, I CANT find a good position to save my life. I do a ton of long distance driving. I am by no means a big guy in any sense of the word, niether height nor weight. I had a 95 thunderbird, and those seats were CHOICE for long distance driving, the only thing I wanted on them was a bolster setting. If i had to choose a seat that was the best, I'd have to say the 300C/Magnum seats. I've done long distance in both, and they are simply amazing. Over short distances they can be a tad firm and mildly uncomfortable, over long distances they do not wear you out at all. After doing like 450 on tank, I would get out and feel great, not like ive been sitting in a car at all!

SHO seats are outstanding. But it's the Gen II seats you want -- from 1992-1995.

to true, the seats in my 93, you didn't sit on them or in them, they cradled you like a mother cradles her newborn baby. i never felt sore or any pain after a long trip and when i felt like a little taking a trip down winding roads the lumbar and bolsters held you in place. if you can fit them into a contour and you're wanting to swap seats, gen II SHO seats are what you want.

holy god the seats in the contour are ••••ing garbage im a bigger guy and my dad who had my car before me is a bigger guy im looking through these threads trying to find a good seat that could bolt right into my contour i have a 98 LX 4 cyl. 2 seats ive had broke so ill be on my 3rd shortly what will bolt right in?

Stop cross posting. this thread is two years old. we get it, you don't like the seats in the car. you don't have to post the same thing all over the place. this is your warning, stop cross posting.

Back