• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shifter Bushing Part #??

SilvFroCSVT

CEG'er
Does anybody happen to know the part number for the shifter bushing from ford and also where to purchase this from? This is for a contour svt with an mtx75. I just purchased this car and found out it's missing one of the bushings as there is a ton of front to back play. I appreciate it. Thanks!

i just ordered one from ford today! i don't know the part number, but if you call a ford dealer near you and explain your situation, they will pull it up on their computer and explain it to you. i was under my car on saturday and noticed....damn i don't have a shift link end! the bushing (for lack of a better word) was gone! my car still shifts, but shifts sloppy. my part will be in tomorrow. i hope this helps.

I bought mine from Team Ford. I don't remember the part number and I'm traveling so I can't look it up. A hint is to swap the bushing from the new cable end, not the entire cable end. It takes some finger strength, but it will save a lot of time.

Maybe someone else can come up with the part number.

Just did mine last week. Don't take my word as gospel, I'm just reporting what I read on this forum. But I understand the numbers I have are for 1998 only. Mine is an E0.

The white end is F7RZ-7412-AA.

The black one is XS8Z-7412-GA.

When the Ford parts guy looks up shifter parts on his computer it only brings up the entire cable. But if he looks up these part numbers he will find the cable ends. In most cases (mine included) you only need the white one. I ordered both just in case, but only replaced the white one . It has a rubber bushing, the black one has some sort of plastic bushing which is much tougher.

Don

Thanks for posting the part numbers. I have been driving with no bushing in the white end since July 2009(!). Can't wait to lose the slop.

EDIT - $25 later. I have my $.07 injection molded bushing. Thanks Ford! BTW, some SVT engineering people have serious issues with main stream Ford engineering (most are retired now anyways...). And Ford of Europe...let me just say that the SVT Contour program manager hasn't said too many nice things...MTX-75; Mondeo platform...What's that polishing a turd thing again???

These parts no longer available from Ford. I found a dealer that had leftover stock. $47 later, they're on the way. Ouch.

Back