• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Secret Santa Gift Swap

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
We did this last year and it turned out pretty well.
Anyone up for it again this year?

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=38156

The way it works is everyone who wants to be involved pm's me their name and address. I randomize the list and then pm each participant the name and address of the person they have to buy for, and no one can reveal who their recipients are. We set an agreed upon spending limit ($30 including shipping last year), and you each buy that person a gift or gifts that add up to that limit (going over is up to you).

The gifts need to be mailed to the recipient before Christmas. <-- this is an important detail. You have to give in order to receive. In other words, you have to be sure you can commit the time and money to this, and also mail your gift out in time because it's not fair to the recipient if they get scrooged while you enjoy the gift that someone else bought you.

Participants are welcome to post a Wish List to discuss their hobbies, interests, etc - anything to help their Santa shop, in case they're clueless on what to buy. The Wish List can also include things the recipients would not appreciate receiving, such as gifts they wouldn't feel comfortable opening in front of family members, or their dislike for practical jokes.

Didnt hear back....

Didnt hear back....

from my PM- but, I'll throw my "hat in the ring"....along with Colin (who's now the owner of the SVT), but count us as one person, please. Thanks! Someones getting cool Military stuff from me....LOL!

Update list:

1. Elky
2. zorrex
3. Trapps
4. RawPower
5. wontgrowup & Colin
6. Cobra
7. frenchblueC2

anyone else want in on this?
I'm starting to wonder if we should combine forces with Southeast since they're planning one as well.

Last edited:
I got to admit, I've dropped the ball on this.
I don't really feel up to it this year.
If someone wants to take over, I'm fine with that.
But I'm pretty sure both Mike and I are out.
sorry

Good job Kim ;)

I don't mind backing out and just leaving it for next year. We didn't seem to have as many participants this year anyways :(

No prob...

No prob...

It's been a tough year for everyone I think, so no biggie:0 Maybe next year..

Mike, send me an email at work...haven't heard from you about your Bro's item..

Back