• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SE PCM vs SVT PCM

BrApple

No Life But CEG
this is my compairison between the SE and SVT PCMs

My stock PCM was code LTZ3 and the SVT PCM was SFG0

both plots are adjusted by SAE and have a smoothing factor of 5

here is my dyno from last Spring Zing

SVT airbox with drop in K&N
optimized SVT tb
SVT UIM and LIM
Optimized y-pipe
SVT main car
SVT exhaust

151 hp/151 ft-lbs - all pulls done in 4th

5_22_2006a.jpg

now the only change made was the SVT PCm and the SVT 19# injectors

156 hp/148 lt-lbs - first run in fourth and the second two where in 3rd

dyno%204.26.2007.JPG

now the biggest thing i noticed is that the A/F is better, not as good as it could be but better

also I lost alittle torque ....

next up for modifications are SVT cams and headers ... then finally a tune

any thoughts?

Last edited:
Nice stuff, once you get the cams in you should be golden. I would just go 3L if you are going to do all that work.

its in the future. this year I am working on a built trans first then I will get the turbo kit and go from there with the 3L when needed

its cool to see the difference id like to see normal se pulls since thats what i have

well here is the stock one for my car on a mustang dyno, had the svt airbox only

dyno1.JPG

next dyno is with the SVT airbox, optimized y-pipe and SVT exhaust

148 hp/150 ft-lbs

oct05.jpg

you can see my car was pig rich, hmm maybe that is why my cats are failing ...

and to compare the above dyno to day since they where done at the same place ...

blue line was today and the red line was 2005

DSC03446%20%28Small%29.JPG

so the SVT PCM and intake definately let the engine breath better in the upper rpms and has a better a/f ratio then the SE PCM ...

Last edited:
Well, its kinda hard to give an accurate gain since all dynos are different, but it definetely seems like you picked up a few hp. :)

very true but all the corrections on the dyno jet numbers are the same, and like I said the very last image I posted was at the same dyno, so that should compare nicely I would think

I'm still waiting to receive my dyno sheets from ADC. I pulled 167.9 with bad gas, bad plugs and the cpu was pickin up pinging from the ****ty fuel and taking out timing.... so to me those #'s seem kinda low ? :shrug:

once i get the new autolite double plats, and my 8mm wires on there with 91 octane i should be 170+

all i've done is spr intake/res delete... guy @ shop had/has ALOT of experience with CSVT's said my car runs super strong for being as stock as it is and w/ the problem showing up w/ my car on the dyno that day... :p

I'm still waiting to receive my dyno sheets from ADC. I pulled 167.9 with bad gas, bad plugs and the cpu was pickin up pinging from the ****ty fuel and taking out timing.... so to me those #'s seem kinda low ? :shrug:

um yeah, I don't have a SVT ... its a SE with just about every SVT part I could get ... and I got them because I got a good price on all of the items ...

so lets see

SVT airbox - free
drop in K&N - $50
optimized SVT tb with bracket and cables - $140
SVT UIM - $200
SVT LIM (complete with injectors) - $80
Optimized stock y-pipe - $100
SVT Main Cat - $40
SVT Exhaust - $60
SVT PCM - $100
misc (gaskets,mils, etc)

total = ~$850-900 for 15 hp and 12 ft-lbs torque ... no speed limiter and better A/F ratio ...

headers - $200+
cams - $200

total = ~$1400

plus tune - $?

gain over stock ?

personally I am happy with the results vs. cost ...

Last edited:
didnt cardoc do this a year ago? wasnt everyone calling him names and telling him he was wrong? how weird.

Back