• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SCT Fuel Cut-off Issue Corrected?

Dr. Cross

CEG'er
I'm planning on getting a dyno tune after my header install this spring. I read that some time ago (2005), there was an issue w/ SCT tunning in that many people had difficulty raising the fuel cut-off on SFG0/2 programmed SVTs. Has this been corrected in the past 2+ years? Since my car is a SFG2, I will sleep much better knowing that this issue has been corrected:cool:

Also, I tried searching (w/out success) about changing the secondary opening point w/ a SCT tune. Is there a consensus on whether this is possible/beneficial?

It was fixed but at the time it was not a part of the mainline programs. It had to be fixed by SCT (Oct/Nov '05 timeline). Generally Tuners and SCT seemed more interested in making their software work on Mustangs and newer cars.

I wouldn't know if it is fixed in general, but it can be fixed.

It's funny you mention Mustangs...the place where I'm getting my tune deals w/ Mustangs about 80% of the time. I guess I'll just have to work w/ the shop to make sure the fuel cut-off issue isn't, well, an issue.

Back