• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SCT Dealer?

Hightower GT

CEG'er
Is anyone on here an SCT dealer or know one that is good? I have an SCT tune that I need to have modified to disable PATS. It's for my kit car: http://www.vmvcars.com/

The SCT dealer that the Xcalibrator came from is defunct.

HALP!

Is anyone on here an SCT dealer or know one that is good? I have an SCT tune that I need to have modified to disable PATS. It's for my kit car: http://www.vmvcars.com/

The SCT dealer that the Xcalibrator came from is defunct.

HALP!

FYI only the original dealer can modify your tune. They are the only ones that have the original file on thier computer. If they are no longer in business you can't touch your old tune. SCT made it so you can't pull tunes of the Xcal so people can't steal other people's tunes. I had an issue recently trying to find my tune on my computer so I called SCT up and that is exactly what they told me. :cry:

Nice MEV Rocket. im sure its a blast to drive. Im curious how much it cost you total as im debating on either building my own mid-engine 7esque or buying a sonic7 or rocket.

Nice MEV Rocket. im sure its a blast to drive. Im curious how much it cost you total as im debating on either building my own mid-engine 7esque or buying a sonic7 or rocket.

I've got almost $20k into it, and it appears I'm about to shell out some more for another tuner. The amount of time I spend actually building the thing is probably less than 200 hours. The 7 is kinda cool, but you get old school looks and the hassle of mating a good engine with a good transmission (then messing with the rear axle).

wow, 20K+. looks like im going to be building my own locost, but dont worry it will be more in the style of the Sonic7 or rocket as its going to be a mid-engine car using a Zetec/MTX75

wow, 20K+. looks like im going to be building my own locost, but dont worry it will be more in the style of the Sonic7 or rocket as its going to be a mid-engine car using a Zetec/MTX75

Several thousand of that cost was for shipping/customs/brokerage and custom fabrication. Once you break it down into actual parts cost, it's more like $15k. Even for a Locost you'd be hard pressed to build a decent something decent for less than $10k. This car has the biggest brakes, quickest steering ratio, most powerful "stock" Focus engine (pre-2006), and one of the nicest 6-speed transmissions out there (with upgraded flywheel/clutch). The only things that could make this better is LSD and a turbo. If I was going for cheap, I could have probably done it for about $8k less.

Several thousand of that cost was for shipping/customs/brokerage and custom fabrication. Once you break it down into actual parts cost, it's more like $15k. Even for a Locost you'd be hard pressed to build a decent something decent for less than $10k. This car has the biggest brakes, quickest steering ratio, most powerful "stock" Focus engine (pre-2006), and one of the nicest 6-speed transmissions out there (with upgraded flywheel/clutch). The only things that could make this better is LSD and a turbo. If I was going for cheap, I could have probably done it for about $8k less.
Ok, that makes more sense then since you got all the upgrades.

my plan is to initially go cheap to get a running car and then later down the line upgrade. since i have quite a bit of the knick-knack from when i parted my old car that will help quite a bit.

Back