• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saturn ION got rearended

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
My buddys Saturn ION that we've been working on to get ready for the GM Nationals at Carlisle got rearened yesterday, Exactly 2 months and 1 day before the show. He was sitting at a red light, just turned green, let off the clutch and BANG! the one lady running for Mayor here in Lebanon smacked the hell out of him doin about 35-40 in a 25. My buddy was kinda stunned and dazed so only exhanged information and didnt call the police. The pics i have are of the car after my dad and I pulled the trunk out and the frame that goes across the back where the trunk latch is. It took me and my dad pulling at the same time to get it bent out enough to close the trunk. I'm guessing its close to 4,000 or more in damage.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

The worst part is, we cleaned it the day before, he just did an oil change that morning, and was on his way to wax the car and shampoo the interior.

you guys seriously "fixed" part of it already. i hope bodyshop or insurance or someone has looked at it already or b4 you guys went messing with it. hell if anything most people kick the crap out of it for more damage in hopes of a new car lol

:(
He didn't get hurt did he?
Tell Brett that I'm sorry. I hope he gets it all fixed up quick.

chances are it might be totaled cuz of the value of the car and how much it is to get fixed, but if its not, he's looking at getting a Focus ST! converted another one of my friends into the world of FORD!

When you're in a daze you don't really think straight. But if the lady is in the public eye anyway it's not going to be that hard to find her.

This is the car your friend is like thousands of dollars upside down on, right? I hope he can pay it off if it is totaled out. Sucks to see either way. :(

if its totalled or not, he's gettin rid of it. this comming weekend we're takin out the springs, intake and exhaust and getting the money for the car for either repairs or the money if its totaled and probably getting the Focus ZX4 ST. we looked at one tonight with 20K miles on it, black, fully loaded, 1 owner for 12,300. He's got a little bit of money so he can afford it.

Why would you blow $12k on a used Focus? Sometimes I really don't understand why people spend what they spend on used cars. Take the time to shop around. There are much better deals out there.

I picked up my Lexus for $16k, and then my Bimmer for $15k. If I sell it in the next few months, it will be in the range of $13k.

If he is set on the Focus, go for it. I'm not saying it's a bad car, but don't throw away all other options because you're a Ford lover. It's a buyers market right now. Take advantage of the deals.

in the end its not my decision anyways, i'm telling him to keep his options open cuz the last time when he was shopping for a car, the ION was the first car he test drove and he bought it on the spot. but his ION doesnt have any power options, its an 04 and he spent 10K on it exactly a year ago with 44K miles. this one is 2 years newer with half the miles and has power everything, that's why he's set on it. i'm taking him around to all the used car dealerships though cuz he cant afford a new car, and we're checking them all out. I know the ZX4 ST's got some good ratings and they're pretty quick, 7.7 0-60 and 16.1 1/4 mile.

it was, i had pics posted in the April 18 Reading Meet thread cuz Christine gave me a hard time about telling him not to bring the car.

if its totalled or not, he's gettin rid of it. this comming weekend we're takin out the springs, intake and exhaust and getting the money for the car for either repairs or the money if its totaled and probably getting the Focus ZX4 ST. we looked at one tonight with 20K miles on it, black, fully loaded, 1 owner for 12,300. He's got a little bit of money so he can afford it.
Drop that price!!!

I got an 06 with 27K on it for 10K!!!!!

Oh, and have fun with it, it's a great car!:cool:

true, i might talk to him about that, but when did they stop the FSVT? 04? and the ST is only .3 seconds slower than an SVT in the 1/4 mile.

My gf had the same thing happen to her 03 ion about a month ago. Hers was an ion3 2003 with 207k miles. She got $6200 for it. The frame was messed up and the spare tire well was crushed in. We have been looking at 2006 saab 9-3's leather, heated seats, turbo, under 30k miles, balance of factory warranty for around $15k. Seems like the best bang for your buck.....about half the price of a new one.

true, i might talk to him about that, but when did they stop the FSVT? 04? and the ST is only .3 seconds slower than an SVT in the 1/4 mile.
time wise in a straight line with a focus matters? lol there is so much more the FSVT has to offer in seats, wheels, suspension/brakes, headlights and better yet rarity of sorts.............. another reason we like the CSVT right? seriously i''d have him look into it very very fun cars.

They are ALL slow in the 1/4 mile. If that's what you guys are interested in, you need to start looking at way different cars.

BTW, I can't see the pics at work, but any wreck sucks. Hope it all works out for your friend.

Back