• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saratoga Springs, Albany, Amsterdam

Im goign to have to agree with Rusty. Burnt Hills, Nisky, Clifton Park, Halfmoon area wouldnt be too bad either. I was down in Clifton Park this afternoon, its much more built up and much nicer than the last time i was there. Lots of good restaurants in Clifton Park too that we dont have in toga like Outback and Red Robbin. Its in between Saratoga and Albany. And still a decent commute to Amsterdam. and still plenty to do.

I will also agree that i would much rather live outside the city than in it.

Company decided I should take a trip up on Friday so we'll be in the area thru Sunday. Somehow I already have a packed schedule but if I have some down time I may shoot out a few PMs.

It was good. Saratoga is awesome, definitely a part of the country we will enjoy. I think we found an apartment just off of broadway for not too much money (about 5 minutes from downtown). I have someone I need to call and see if he has any house rentals available but if not we'll be in an apartment close to town but without a garage :( Guess I'll have to put all my tools into storage which is a sad sad day. It's short term though, hopefully we can sell our house and buy soon.

Of course nothing is available until Sept. (which we kinda figured) so I'm going to be commuting from Florida until then. Yeah, flying every week and living out of a hotel by myself is going to be kinda lame. Oh well!

One random thing I notice was that compared to FL there was a complete lack of "loud" cars. Basically just one with a modified exhaust. By comparison mine is loud, though my header does still have a cat. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have no idea whats coming my way with inspections and what not.

i think your exhaust will be fine. We have a few loud cars, but your right, not to many. Too many old rich people. As long as you have a cat for emissions youll be fine. A header is no big deal.

You should be able to find somewhere to store your car for the winter if need be. I wouldn't leave it on the street with the snow plows.

So I think we found a rental house on Jefferson a block or two down from the "5 points" grocery. Near the track but the neighborhood seems nice.

Ah. I have a friend who lives just a few blocks from there on White St. It is quite a nice area. When are you planning on moving in. Track opens friday!!!

One random thing I notice was that compared to FL there was a complete lack of "loud" cars. Basically just one with a modified exhaust. By comparison mine is loud, though my header does still have a cat. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have no idea whats coming my way with inspections and what not.

not really- lots of modified exhausts and such around here. especially if you come to one of the cruise nights(if you can stand some mustang people!). the cops dont usually hassle you, unless your all but screaming "look at me!!!"

as for inspections, ask around- most places dont do the dcb testing, and will let minor things slide. my old chevelle passed w/o a horn, reverse lights, turn signals, or wipers.

ya... my friend has 2 of those loud annoying cars.. a 1995 civic with a big exhaust leak and a 1984 Camaro with no muffler. i was actually in the civic the other day... man, my ears are still ringing.

Well I'm in the Albany area now every week. Kinda busy but if anyone ever wants to get together let me know!

Would it happen to be Jefferson Terrace? That's the ghetto of Saratoga. Not saying it's dangerous or anything, but there is a higher number of dirtbags there (ie the ones that the cops know on a first name basis).

That's a shame to find out now, literally 1 day after we returned the lease. We drove around the area and it seemed fine. I was never able to find anything noting a bad area of Saratoga except for 1 person who told me that I may not want to venture out in the area just west of Broadway.

Hopefully it's OK :(

Where off Broadway did they say was bad? I'm trying to think of everything west of Broadway, and there's not really anything bad. I'm sure you also saw Jefferson Terrace when you were looking around... lots of brick buildings that all look the same with a high population of white trash sitting out front.

Yup, been up for 2 weeks. Except for the fact I still own a house in FL (and may for a while :( ) everything is great! Roads suck though.

Back