• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Sad to sell... 98 SVTC all original

lst4g63

Be Gentle I'm New Here
98 SVT Contour 120xxx miles 2K
Year, Make and Model of Car? ; 1998 Ford Contour SVT
Mileage? ;just under 120xxx
Price ;2,000 obo
What is your name? :will sanders
What is your Email Address? :will8050gmail.com
What is your Phone number/AIM Screenname? :513 238 1083 (u can text if you want)
What is your City? :cincinnati/loveland
What is your State? :eek:hio
What is your Zip code? :45242

Okay so long story short the motor is likely done for (although I'm not investing time or money to verify) however I have linked a video for you to hear. Car starts and runs (can be driven but wouldn't recommend going too far)

One day the motor made noise (as in video) aprox 2 blocks from home. Shut car off and came out just minutes later and noise was gone. Aprox a month maybe 2 goes by and noise comes back and is hear to stay it seems. I've bought a new car so and don't have a garage or space to keep this so here it is.

I've done a little research and if I was to part this out I could make more money but honestly I just don't have the time.

Other issues: Rear suspension needs work, drives fine but def needs some attention. A/C isn't super cold but does work. Trunk doesn't stay open (needs new struts) Everything else is pretty good that I recall given the age. If you want to come see it weekdays around 8:30pm on something on the weekends might work.

Questions just ask

d998d268.jpg

ec593d1f.jpg

1689a285.jpg

9c7ffe11.jpg

9432a02a.jpg

6df1a4c2.jpg

5356ac41.jpg

715e045a.jpg

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back