• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rotors

gameOVER

Hard-core CEG'er
doing a complete brake job soon and was looking for some recommendations on rotors. I already have Hawk pads for the front and rear and plan on buying SS lines as well.

I've been looking online and rotors can be crazy expensive. Advance sells Wagner and Wearever and all four can be had for around $100 but I don't want to cheap out and be sorry later...

I hvae the EBC GD series on the front and the EBC USR series on the rear with greenstuff pads all around. They arent cheap, but they work great!

Those look nice! Stock size or 300mm front rotors? I'm looking to replace my front rotors and I'm thinking I should do the SVTF rotor upgrade at the same time.

Those look nice! Stock size or 300mm front rotors? I'm looking to replace my front rotors and I'm thinking I should do the SVTF rotor upgrade at the same time.

I did stock size, ordered everything from Summit and had to wait 6 weeks for them to get the rotors. I should have stepped up to the SVTF front rotors though, by the time I was done with everything I probably had $600+ into it. New pads/rotors, had all 4 calipers rebuilt, stainless/braided lines, amsoil fluid

I did stock size, ordered everything from Summit and had to wait 6 weeks for them to get the rotors. I should have stepped up to the SVTF front rotors though, by the time I was done with everything I probably had $600+ into it. New pads/rotors, had all 4 calipers rebuilt, stainless/braided lines, amsoil fluid

Thats a complete, high end brake job. Sweet.

When I ordered traction bars though Jegs, there was a 2 week back order. 8 weeks later they finally showed up. Luckily this was during the winter so the truck was in storage anyway.

i have had problems with some brand name rotors. Rabestos for one. I bought two sets and they both warpped and I don't use the brakes hard. I now have a set of Wagner on the front and they are much better. The faces of the rotors are much thicker with the space between the faces smaller then the Rabestos rotors. They also weighed 1-2 pounds more, more metal means bettter reisistance to warping.

I don't believe in cross drilled rotors, for racing or for the street. Groved rotors can help braking but for 99% of street driving you won't notice a difference.

I bought some R1 concept rotors this last time and they have treated me good. Just bought some more for a different car and UPS damaged one in shipping. I sent pictures and they sent another rotor to my door a couple days later.

Second set from this place. Go to eBay, search SVT Contour rotors R1. A few years ago, a set of 4 drilled/slotted was $150 plus $43 shipping. Set of 4 I just got yesterday was $180 shipped. I did alot of looking the first time and R1 was recommended. They held up very well but now need replaced. I saw no reason to look elsewhere since I was very satisfied the last time.

Back