• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rotors and Pads

RobFresh2SVTs

CEG'er
I need to buy rotors and pads what do you recommend. An auto shop recommended Posi Quiet pads. what do you think and what about rotors i know slotted are not recommended.

For a street driven SVT that doesn't get driven hard, just about anything will do, cheap rotors and cheap pads would be fine. Though, pretty much any aftermarket rotor or pad suffers from hit and miss quality, some worse than others, so getting a rotor that causes vibrations or a pad that wears out extra fast, or doesn't have as good of friction as it is supposed to is always a possibility.

Slotted rotors are fine, just don't expect a noticable difference in performance from them on a street car, except faster wear on your pads. Same thing for drilled rotors, though drilled rotors will crack much sooner than plain or slotted due to heat cycling, but most street cars will wear a rotor out before getting to that point.

Personally, I'd recommend you send a PM to Stazi and get some pads and rotors from him. The stuff he has isn't super duper extra special race stuff or anyhting like that, but it is good stuff for a street car, with solid performance, and a good reputation for quality compared to the rest of the typical aftermarket replacement pads and rotors. Plus the pricing is pretty good, and Stazi knows enough about these cars to make sure you are getting the right ones for your particular car, which you can't usually say for the auto parts store, most don't even know SVT made a contour . . .

as far as a recommendation :shrug: but thank you for not saying brakes and rotors that drives me crazy

Back