• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rim Choices

Rim Choices

• Total voters

Xanthus1132

CEG'er
So... to make long story short, my superleggeras are going to crap, losing their finish, and dear I say it, I don't really like the looks of them. So.. now that's out of the way, I have two narrowed it to 2 choices. I will also need new tires while I'm at it, and i wouldn't have a clue what sizes I would need.

VM6
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Von-Max-VM6-Car-Wheel-Rim-Black-17-inch-4-Lug-/140524214218?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b7e557ca

VM2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Von-Max-VM2-Car-Wheel-Rim-Black-17-inch-4-Lug-/190512993031?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5b759307

Attachments

• vm6..jpg
    vm6..jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
  • vm2..jpg
    vm2..jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
neither of those have a lug pattern that fits the Contour. looking at the Von Max website shows they come in a 4x100 and 4x4.5" lug patterns, the Contour is a 4x108.

let me get this straight. you are going to remove OZ Superleggera's and replace them with these?!?

GIFSoup

even if youre tired of the OZs, get something else. those wheels are hideous! :wtf:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I suppose. I don't like the look of the superleggeras, my bad.

i can understand that. its not a wheel for everyone. but it is a QUALITY wheel. its like replacing a K&N filter with an ebay/taiwan special because you like how it looks more than the K&N. if you're going to replace the OZs, at least get something that looks decent, if you cant go with good build quality. those wheels look like they belong on an old beat up geo metro that id see rolling on the bad side of town. fsvt 5 spokes look 1000x better. heck i had some cheap Motegis on my csvt and loved how they look. they have some decent looking wheels. my buddy picked up some nice 17" momos for his focus for super cheap. but if you really like them, that's all that matters. just dont go with that horrid 2 tone finish. blech.

i can understand that. its not a wheel for everyone. but it is a QUALITY wheel. its like replacing a K&N filter with an ebay/taiwan special because you like how it looks more than the K&N. if you're going to replace the OZs, at least get something that looks decent, if you cant go with good build quality. those wheels look like they belong on an old beat up geo metro that id see rolling on the bad side of town. fsvt 5 spokes look 1000x better. heck i had some cheap Motegis on my csvt and loved how they look. they have some decent looking wheels. my buddy picked up some nice 17" momos for his focus for super cheap. but if you really like them, that's all that matters. just dont go with that horrid 2 tone finish. blech.

I like the two tone :) also, someone should be buying these superleggeras off me then if they're so awesome lol, I really don't like their look and I understand your analogy completely, maybe ill regret it down the road, well see.

How much extra $$ are you looking at to have them custom-drilled to our bolt pattern? I'm VERY interested in the answer to this...

Wow, that's it? That's amazing. Is that directly from the factory, or from a third-party on eBay?

I found them on ebay, but at the bottom of the product page, there was a phone number to contact the company, I called it and was connected with a representative. He asked what car I had and found out the bolt pattern and everything, I really didn't have to do anting but provide my credit card information.

Back