• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replacing the PCM

sportracer

CEG'er
Ok, Here is my question. I am building a full custom wiring harness and was wondering if there is a after market PCM out there? I would like to get rid of for POS PCM. If anyone could point me in the right direction. Is there any way you could use a in car pc to do the job of of the PCM? I am thinking of buying one of these systems and was wondering if there was a program you could use to monitor all the things the PCM does.

~Jesse~

why is the stock pcm a pos? just get a tune and call it a day as I don't know of anyone running a complete aftermarket pcm in a contour/mystique or cougar

was wondering the same... my pcm did crap on me. am just one of the unfortunate ones thats all;). our pcms are just fine. like brian said, i dunno of any who's not using his/her stock pcm. besides, a pcm replacement is about 50 bucks. an then add repogramming. for a part that hardly breaks down, i'd stick with stock.

Last edited:
With all the modifications I'm doing I'm just worried that I'm going to run into compatibility issues with the stock pcm. Also I don't want to deal with the pats system when I replace the steering column with a after market one.

With all the modifications I'm doing I'm just worried that I'm going to run into compatibility issues with the stock pcm. Also I don't want to deal with the pats system when I replace the steering column with a after market one.

wow. looks like you've got major plans for this thing. sorry, my "expertise" revolves around stock components.:) any thing beyond those bounds beats me.

Back