• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

recommend some performance all season tires

BrApple

No Life But CEG
so what is a good all season tire in 205/60R15? I need to get some new tires for the DD.

actually I would like to get some 215 or 225 tires on the 15 tire size but there doesn't seem to be any options. Is there any place to get a all season tire in 215/55R15 or 225/55R15?

I currently have Bridgestone Potenza G009 on the car. They are starting to make alot of road noise and are not the best in the rain anymore. Thats interesting because the set I had on my Mystique where never like this, however I don't know how the milage compared between the two sents. However I drove alot of highway miles on each set.

Anyway haveing two completely different results on the same tires I'm not sure if I want to try the newer G019 tires.

Also looking to stay in the $70-80 range per tire.

Go to the Tire Rack website and do a search there.

I have been searching around tirerack. Hasn't answered my questions so I was looking for what people here have to say .....

I noted not being sure about trying the G019 tires as a number of reviews spoke of road noise that developed after some miles. That is what seems to have happened with my current G009's and why I'm looking for other recommendations on tires.

I have a set of BFG all season performance tires and they are near the end of their live and yes they are noisy. I think most tires get more noisy as they get older. When reading those reviews at TireRack you have to sometimes read between the lines. A bad review sometimes is just someone ranting and not representitive of most peoples experience with a particular tire.
Most people who have a good experience never post a review, i never have.

yes, I am aware that reviews on the internet can be scewed towards more bad reviews. I also don't normally write any reviews online.

As for tires getting louder as they get older, I'm sure that can happen, I am seeing that now. However I personally haven't noticed that previously. And I find it very annoying.

i have some cooper cobras in 215 60 15 that seem to be holding up pretty well.

I was very happy with these:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXV4

Copied from my post in the tire thread on NECO:

5/32 remaining after nearly 3 years, 52k miles. Warrantied for 60K

Outstanding tires for the most part. Still excellent dry performance even towards the end of life, but wet and snow performance has dropped off significantly.
First winter with them was very good...we get lots of ice and packed snow and I always handled better than anyone I knew in a truck (including my own)
This last winter was not as good at all. Still got around, but definitely not as surefooted.
They still do okay in rain, but not great. Actually they were never great in rain but they have noticeably degraded in the last year.

I can definitely recommend these tires. Going to try something else myself, but thats mostly just for the sake of trying something new. Good tires.

When I say not great in the rain, please realize that they are still the best I've ever driven, so I am probably being a little overly critical.

Hankook Ventus. Great tire. Mine are 225/50/16. Dont know if they make them in 205. Id check in to them. I got mine from discount tire for 88 bucks a piece a few months ago

right now discounttiredirect.com has 4 new Yokohama AVID Touring-S for $324 shipped. i don't think that these are considered all season, but i had them on a thunderbird and i thought that they did real well in the rain and snow. they also have the avid trz for $332 shipped.

I like my current 215 60 15 Pirelle P4's Of course the price was right 00.00 each;)

The turanza's are not really a performance tire. Michelins are the best but come at a price. I have had good luck with Kuhmo KH-16. I currently have them on a 2000 Jetta 1.8T. These tires are pretty darn good overall but I live in California where it never snows or ices.

shold have added that I am not worried about snow or ice performance as I run snow tires in the winter. I choose all season tires for the DD so I don't have to worry about temperatures which would be to low for summer only tires in the spring and fall and if I happen to get caught in some snow with them. Also the wheels/tires go onto one of the other cars for the winter incase I do have to move one during the winter season, this gets the summer only tires/wheels off the car and they have something more drivable just incase.

shold have added that I am not worried about snow or ice performance as I run snow tires in the winter. I choose all season tires for the DD so I don't have to worry about temperatures which would be to low for summer only tires in the spring and fall and if I happen to get caught in some snow with them. Also the wheels/tires go onto one of the other cars for the winter incase I do have to move one during the winter season, this gets the summer only tires/wheels off the car and they have something more drivable just incase.

Brian, do they make the Yokohama avid envigor in your size? I have them on my Lincoln MKZ, and love them. They are great on the highway, cut through puddles and handle awsome. The MKZ isn't a down right sports car but with the AWD you can hual it into the corners and give it gas and the awd will really add grip and these tires don't howl and just have a really high limit. Michelle has you know travels to hartford and has gotten caught in heavy rain and these tires just cut right through the standing water and never have let her down, they are quiet on the highway and the sidewall is just stiff enough w/o having that mushy feeling. I really like Yokos and will be getting the S-Drives for the contour in the spring. cannot go wrong with yokohamas or these envigors I love the things.

I just checked and tire rack has them in your size..
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+ENVigor+%28H%26V%29&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=06HR5ENV&tab=Specs

these tires will not disappoint.

Back