• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Recognizing this Enkei

Monkay619

CEG'er
I got this set of rims free (I love you craigslist) and plan on using them as my winter tires, after they are powder coated (Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge Blu_fuz :laugh:) they were used on an SE as winter tires before.....

Anyhoooo I wanted to know what model they are and was wondering if anyone new! (I e-mailed Enkei today to try and find out.... we'll see!)

I wrote down all that appeared on the inside of the rim, and here it is:

"VIA690KG" ___________<-- 1521lbs load?

"15x6 1/2 JJ __________<-- I get the size, but what is JJ and 40?
____40____ "

"Made in Philippines" ___<-- really can't figure that one out :shrug:

"Max 1580LBS" ________<-- 716Kg max load?

and some random marking including fractions in circles (and fractions with letters) and other squiggly symbols :laugh: (i have photos, but i figured i would not clutter unless anyone thinks they are meaningful)

Attachments

• DSC00631_SMALL.JPG
    DSC00631_SMALL.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
:D - We'll figure it out. - They won't be perfect, but definetly worth it.

My winter tires are mounted on the exact same rims. It would be great to know what model they are.

Last edited:
My winter tires are mounted on the exact same rims. It would be great to know what model they are.

Doh!:blackeye:

You really got my hopes up when I saw someone else had replied.... I was almost contemplating making a post in "pics and video" and linking this there.... Think it is worth the shot to get some exposure? that is not double posting is it?

Maybe it is a aftermarket wheel that was originally made for the Audi specs? I dunno:confused:.

I'll try calling them I guess... I thought that i sent them an e-mail when i posted this, but I cannot find any way to contact them (other than phone.... which is pretty difficult to show them the pictures then)

Well here are some picture of the markings that i could not explain before, maybe someone here know what they mean:shrug:

Anyhooo, below are some more pics,
1 has the squiggle i could not identify.
1 has the circles w/ # (I'm guessing "build" date or something).
There is one with the rim size, and anyone know what the "JJ" and "40" are?
and lastly the "VIA" in-front of the kg load.

It might be useful... it might not :shrug:

Attachments

• DSC00628_Small.JPG
    DSC00628_Small.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00629_Small.JPG
    DSC00629_Small.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00625_Small.JPG
    DSC00625_Small.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00622_Small.JPG
    DSC00622_Small.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
JJ is the rim lip style, which influences how the tire is mounted on it (standard mount from the front or reverse mount from the back). 40 is the offset in mm. The JWL-looking logo is the Japan Light Alloy Wheel marking, indicating it complies with this industrial standard. VIA is the Vehicle Inspection Association. None of the markings you show identify the wheel name. Not all wheels have such identification, some do.

JJ is the rim lip style, which influences how the tire is mounted on it (standard mount from the front or reverse mount from the back). 40 is the offset in mm. The JWL-looking logo is the Japan Light Alloy Wheel marking, indicating it complies with this industrial standard. VIA is the Vehicle Inspection Association.
Sweet, thank you very much for clearing all that up!
None of the markings you show identify the wheel name. Not all wheels have such identification, some do.
Too bad, those are all the markings that i could find, I guess we're at a stale mate for now:cry:

Back