• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear window spoiler

TUFTOUR

Hard-core CEG'er
I had this custom made by an ebay store called "Spoiler King" about a week and a half ago. Sent them a template and this was the result. Should sell for $79 and can be painted, but need to use a flex agent. It's not listed for sale, but email them and you can order from a fellow named Jason.

I would really like to see this on a car with a pre-98 trunk with the lip spoiler. :idea:

Rear window spoiler

Subtle. More my style then the aus shade.

How is the quality of material? What do you mean by flex agent?

Subtle. More my style then the aus shade.

How is the quality of material? What do you mean by flex agent?

anything that is flexible like urathane or fiberglass you need a flex agent to allow the paint to move without cracking

Thanks, everyone! Kinda cool we have another mod for our outdated platform ;)

How is the quality of material?

Material seems to be a combination of very dense rubber and plastic. The edges are very well defined and smooth...it appears to be a molded piece. You have to use the shipping box to heat with a hair-dryer like an oven to shape it to the window. I then used a heat gun on low setting to make sure the 3M tape set properly and taped everything down for about a week. Despite the cold (23 degrees at time of pictures) there hasn't been any lift (I was warned to watch the corners) and it seems pretty secure. Looks like OEM.

Thanks! :) It's open and you can slide your hand under it...only about an inch of it is stuck to the glass. I think it's about 2.75" wide.

What kind of template did you send them? Wonder if they could make one for the cougars. Looks like they must use an extrusion or pre molded piece and then cut to size and shaped as a lot of them have the same profile.

I used painter's paper and ran my thumbnail along the window weather stripping...pretty simple and he sent me a short video showing how it's done. Lowe's sells 9" painter's paper that was the perfect width. Email the company and I'm sure they will work with you.

Back