• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear roll resistor

ThNdFrSpd

CEG'er
First off my car is a 97 Contour V6 manual transmission.

1) What rear torque mounts will directly fit my car and which is best to use. (SVT, Automatics, etc.)

2)Does anyone have the part numbers.

3)I went to Ford today and was quoted at $113.48 the part number is F7RZ*6068*BA. Can anyone confirm this as the proper mount?

the atx mount is different. all V6 rear roll restrictor are otherwise the same I do believe.

well maybe the pre98 is different because of the rod shifter, well the bracket is anyway, not sure of the roll restrictor. however I still do believe they are all the same.

all MTX rear mounts are the same. I had a SVT V6 mount filled by Pole120 on my pre98 Zetec. fit without any issues.

the only change is to the front mounts. i cant remember if its a year thing or an engine thing but my pre98 Zetec front mount had through holes instead of studs to mount to the subframe while the 00SVT had the studs.

bottom line... $113 is way to much IMO. You could have your mount filled by Pole120 for less then that and it would be x10 better then the factory version.

Well I bought the mount from Ford.

Question, Where the through bolt goes through the mount their is a lot of play, is their supposed to be a bushing around the bolt? because it seems like a large gap between the bolt and mount.

pics of said gap.

new
DSCN0114.jpg

old
DSCN0116.jpg

That's the way they are made. If the bolt is tighten to the corrent amount there should be no movement between the bushing and the bolt. You can put a sleeve in there but you don't need to.

Back