• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear camber adjustment

They will be once I've got the first set on my car and I can get a before/after camber reading done. I will also be making them with concentric poly bushings. Timeline w/b about a month.

Here's another pic.

Attachments

• boxed & slotted MCA.JPG
    boxed & slotted MCA.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
Very nice work Brad I will have to stop by and see them in person, oh wait if I do I will have to buy a set maybe I will have to stay home :D.

Aaron

They're differen't than what i'm working on.....how do you adjust them once they're on the car, or is it a one setting only thing?

~Josh

As the camber adjustment is via a bushing at the inner pivot point, they have to be set at time of installation. This means you'll have to have some idea of where your desired camber setting will be and what it is presently. It is possible to reset the bushing, but this will entail removing the arms from the subframe pivot and rotating the bushings in their sleeve.

I will be testing the variability of the bushings on my own car as soon as I have both arms completed. My best guestimate is that there will be something like +/- .5 to .75 of a degree of adjustment. Also, if lowering springs have been used these will allow a bit adjustment to the end link height to get the sway bar lever arm back to horizontal.

Josh: What are the details of your design?

Back