• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear brakes LOL

jd2-98s

Veteran CEG'er
Well, car has been done. No problems driving back and forth from work.

Yesterday we had to go to walmart. So I said lets take the car.

About halfway to walmart the car started a noise from the rear while using the brakes... The little kids were like "Whats that noise Jeremy?" I'm thinking something not right...

Get to walmart do our shopping, go to leave now its a bang, go to a traffic light and we won't move.... I gave it gas, and pulled it across the road with a nice strip laid from the left rear wheel locked up.

My girlfriend was asking "Are we going to make it home??" I said there is only one stop to make on the way home, the rest well be down shifting. I found backing up then taking off would free up the wheel, at one point I had to hit the brakes and it was bang, bang, bang, Mitch who is 6 said " UH Jeremy, I think you need a new car"

Looked at it today, and just I figured was the problem, the top bracket bolt was missing allowing the caliper to move around and hit the rim which was locking the wheel, until you backup... They said they will never ride in it again :( lol

Hah very classic brake failure. Had that happen to my front brakes, but luckily mine didn't lock up. Just got a bad clicking sound and a grinding sound/feeling when I applied the brakes. That's a good story :laugh:

Haha, yeah the adjusters are a bit annoying, although I still think the most annoying part is just getting the drum OFF! :laugh:

Not to turn this thread sad... But I lost, my girlfriend cut me loose.... I will miss the kids. I have to stay strong, but it hurts so bad. I shouldn't even be posting this.

Oh well I'm back in newport. Maybe can make the car show, not far at all..

Not to turn this thread sad... But I lost, my girlfriend cut me loose.... I will miss the kids. I have to stay strong, but it hurts so bad. I shouldn't even be posting this.

Bummer.

on the car... I've found when you hear bad noises from the wheels/brakes best to stop and get a tow usually cheaper too... nothing like losing both front wheels on explorer to teach me that... oh and I still had to get it towed.. and yeah I've lost caliper bolts before usually grinds the heck out of the inside of the wheel and can skrew up the caliper.... yuck.... still better than losing a wheel though...

Crap...:cry:. Sorry to hear that, man. Let me know if you need anything!

damn dude, that sucks. sorry

you have my number.

d'oh dammit
I hope it wasn't because of the stupid brakes.

LOL I thought of that. But no.

All my stuff from the bedroom is back home (parent's house) Kinda stuffed in the corner.

I loaded up the Mystake with as much as I could. Then hooked the boat, and loaded the boating stuff, and the bowflex. And pulled it 34miles back to newport.

If you really want to here the long story I could pm ya, you would be like WTF!@#

Back