• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ready for the snow?

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I'm hittin' the store tonight for some beer and food. Pullin' out the sleds tomorrow and joining the kiddies on the hill. They're saying 12-18" for most of CT. :drool:

We're expected to get 8-10 or so. I'm looking forward to the storm, but will be lying low due to sickness. Tomorrow the Subaru will be in the garage at work, SVT is tucked away at home, and the HOA covers plowing.

eh, I'm going into work if I can. Don't see it being to much trouble at the moment. but the last snow fall count I read was 12-14 inches of snow. so we'll see how the day plays out.

i was pretty surprised on how well the contour did in the last storm. So I think the commute tomorrow morning wont be too bad. I just hate how work gets when we get hit with snow.

just came in from outside. I measured over 12" in several spots and it's still coming down to beat the band. Looking at the news and radar at least another 2-3hrs of heavy stuff before it slows so 15" + easy at my house. The new ariens went through it like butter :laugh:.

well I see the snow is up to the middle of the wheels on the car. time to do some digging out and head to work.

um yeah ... so much for that. Half of the driveway and the car is cleared off. There like a foot of snow already and the town only came down the middle of the road to plow so far. Pretty sure I would get stuck so home I stay ...

DSC_9569.jpg

DSC_9570.jpg

DSC_9573.jpg

DSC_9574.jpg

DSC_9576.jpg

DSC_9577.jpg

Last edited:
Mike's company actually stayed open, and he actually went in. I kept calling their info line to see if maybe they'd change their tune, but nope.
I can't even believe they'd bother.
The message did state that you could use your discretion and notify your supervisor if you weren't going in, but man it is just so bad out there. Close shop! sheesh!

LMAO! I called the weather line for my company and it said the same basic thing .... why bother .... really. and that was after an email yesterday saying that they wouldn't keep up with plowing the parking lots during first shift.

i can't believe mike went in!
i called our boss when i got out of my meeting last night at 8pm and told him i wasnt coming in...he said he wasnt either.
and after playing in the snow a little this morning...i would much rather be sitting in the conference room for another 11 hour meeting like i was supposed to be.

now i get to go outside and dig my way out to the garage to get the snowblower...most of my driveway is mid thigh deep.

booo

My wife got called in on trauma call. I drove her in with the explorer, not too bad and really nobody on the roads and I drove slow. I finally got back home to find another 6"+ fell and I measured again 15" to 18" average. took some pics..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Official report for Colchester is an even 2 feet, it's more like 2.5 feet up here on Bull Hill. We always seem to get more than the rest of town. The Fusion has pulled a complete disappearing act, and there are only a few inches of the black Focus showing just below the window line. The ding guards are under about 4-5 inches of snow.

Those pictures are similar to how it looks up here. I was almost knee deep in snow while brushing off the car. The Subaru cut through it fine. The main roads were not bare but still plowed; no trouble getting into work. As I was driving over the highway I noticed it was backed up.

My coworkers say the VPN is wicked slow today so I am just going to stay here for the afternoon. The car is nice and dry in a parking garage. I wish I had thought of wearing jeans though, seems everybody here (of the few who showed up) ignored the dress code. :)

28" so far in my area. Crazy! Without high winds or sleet or ice, I don't understand why they are making this storm sound like the end of the world. It's New England! It happens, we'll survive.

i just got in from snow blowing....
the snow on the crown vic was close to the 8 foot mark. where i park it is like a snow magnet.
unfortunately, a storm like this renders my garage and access to my truck useless until close to spring....booo

:laugh: - our snow mobile guys from around here would love it where you are (actually too deep for them right now). We only had about 10 inches all year in Fox Lake, WI.

Back