• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Raptor kit not working...

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
I just bought the kit from DDM, went to plug it all in and they dont work. Any ideas as to the cause? Plug in the halogen bulbs and they work fine.

I just bought the kit from DDM, went to plug it all in and they dont work. Any ideas as to the cause? Plug in the halogen bulbs and they work fine.

Try flipping over the connector (from the cars harness to the ballast), a lot of people needed to do this, as the wires on the ballasts are backwards.

at least the ballasts didnt smoke upon touching power to them like mine did lol. I will say they have some good customer service. I still have yet to enjoy my 3k fog good ness cause I have to get new bulbs I jaked one of them up the wires pulled out of the back:blackeye:

at least the ballasts didnt smoke upon touching power to them like mine did lol. I will say they have some good customer service. I still have yet to enjoy my 3k fog good ness cause I have to get new bulbs I jaked one of them up the wires pulled out of the back:blackeye:

Well, whyd you go and do that? lol :shrug:

THEY WORK!!! Will put pictures up later, once it gets dark. And got a little something extra to show later too... Hopefully all will like. :D

yeah... why couldn't they just do it correctly when they made them. :nonono:
I suspect its actually the Contour that is wired backwards from most other 9006 equipped cars. with Halogen bulbs it doesnt matter which side of the bulb is positive.

Back