• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RANT! Worst team in the history of the world!

watch the screen for 8:52 0r 8:56 this sunday. I guess there will be a walk out of the lion games after the the 2nd half...

I want to see this lol

i doubt it. the lions sell out every week. it's why they will never, ever change.

Not necessarily. They had tons of empty seats when they were at the Silverdome and they sucked nads then, too.

I'm going to go down there on Sunday. Sh*t, they've had my money for my tickets since May. Staying home isn't going to do a bit of good (much like an "organized" walkout). I will NOT buy any concessions (haven't spent a dime on beer/food inside Ford Field in 2 years) and I will sit back and watch the mayhem unfold.

There were games I went to at the Dome that had less than 45,000 people in attendance... that would barely sell out Comerica Park.

Of course Ford Field was going to have less seats... guarantees them a sellout and then you've got local TV coverage. But this team has f*cked up long before we had "they sell out Ford Field every week so that's why they'll never change" thing to hang our hats on.

IMO, the reason the team is always going to suck is because the Fords run the team the exact same way you'd run a business (save the FoMoCo jokes and hear me out)... No matter what happens through the year, as long as they've turned a profit as of 12/31, they're fine. I'm not saying that a football team ISN'T a business, but you can't run one strictly on a bottom line.

IMO, the reason the team is always going to suck is because the Fords run the team the exact same way you'd run a business (save the FoMoCo jokes and hear me out)... No matter what happens through the year, as long as they've turned a profit as of 12/31, they're fine. I'm not saying that a football team ISN'T a business, but you can't run one strictly on a bottom line.

i agree. :nonono:

Back