• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question

BSOELMAN

CEG'er
has anyone bored a 3.0? I have a 3.0 block, bored .020 over and I need to find pistons, does anyone where to get pistons. I am actually trying to sell the block and the person I am trying to sell to wants to know what needs to be done, he thinks that you can get oversized rings. I just cant find any info anywhere.

has anyone bored a 3.0? I have a 3.0 block, bored .020 over and I need to find pistons, does anyone where to get pistons. I am actually trying to sell the block and the person I am trying to sell to wants to know what needs to be done, he thinks that you can get oversized rings. I just cant find any info anywhere.

Yeah their is someone on here that has a 1mm overbore (~.040").

You can get stock overbore pistons through rockauto.com as mentioned or you can get custom pistons from some place like Diamond pistons. I wouldn't recommend going with a .040" overbore with the rockauto pistons because even though you can get the pistons because you have to order custom rings and have the pistons cut to the new ring thickness as well. Swazo and I learned this the hard way on the pistons for his engine. The pistons come with standard rings that don't have enough overlap in the size to be properly end gapped with a .040" overbored piston.

Rick

so there are regular, stock replacement pistons available and rings to match for a .020 overbore. thanks guys ill pass the word along

Back