• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question about turbo kit

mrdennis87

New CEG'er
If I put this in wrong place, I am sorry :( I did a search and could not find what I need.. My buddy is giving me one of his turbos from his twin turbo 95 stealth.. I believe it is a t3 t4 ? We are replacing his with new ones.. looks like I would just need the exhaust manifold that the turbo would fit onto ? and a down pipe to go from turbo back to exhaust? I have seen kits for $700 and under, I am looking to spend $700 and under, I have the turbo, just need piping and intercooler, and some oil lines I suppose.. anyone know about this ?

are the turbos from his stealth the stock ones? if so they are tiny TD04 9Bs, a single one on the Duratec would be so far out of its efficiency range it would be useless, hence why the 3S uses 2 of them. even if they are upgraded they are still likely a TD04 unless he has aftermarket manifolds and is running a TD05 or T3 turbo. pretty much any of the TD04s will be too small by themselves, with only a few exceptions.

post some pics of the turbo and I should be able to help identify it.

Even if the turbo was sufficient in size, it is such a small piece of the whole puzzle to turbo charge the car effectively.

Even if the turbo was sufficient in size, it is such a small piece of the whole puzzle to turbo charge the car effectively.

true, even if you have a turbo that will work, you will not spend less than $700 to get it installed and running properly. hell, the tunning, injectors, and MAF alone will cost that or more, and yes they are required.

a single one on the Duratec would be so far out of its efficiency range it would be useless
I didn't see anything in his post suggesting it was a Duratec.

I will agree however that thinking you can get a running turbo car for $700 is pretty ridiculous, even if you could fabricate all the piping yourself.

Slapping a turbo on a car that isn't ment for one w/o spending some money on other aspects a a terrible idea. You will need piping, manifold, unless you run the turbo on the exhaust, a dp, full feed and return lines, a fmic (cxracing is your best bang for the buck) a reliable tuning software, a compression test before you slap it on to make sure everything is in good order, a bov, a wastegate ( I would not cheap out on), I would also get arp headstuds. A custom kit will run you around 2500-3k to build yourself, for that I would spend the extra 1k-1500 an get a npg kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This kit says it's compatible with our Tour's.. I would just need the exhaust manifold adaptor, to bolt on to the turbo ? and then from the turbo to the downpipe.. Are their any other problems, I am not thinking of ? I am replacing the twin turbos oil lines water lines, and exhaust on my cousins stealth.. So I'll be able to put it on myself, with some fabricating of course..And I know ebay kits are junk.. but I am just looking for a turbo kit for the sound, and a little boost.. I can replace the turbo later.. ty for any input :D btw, I have a 2.5 Stock, svt motor..

Thats going to be a waste of money, theres a reason why its soo cheap. Like mentioned if you really want a turbo kit your going to have to spend a chunk of change. I have a brand new partial NPG kit in the classifieds for pretty cheap, you would be spending about $2200 total for a new proper kit.

Thats going to be a waste of money, theres a reason why its soo cheap. Like mentioned if you really want a turbo kit your going to have to spend a chunk of change. I have a brand new partial NPG kit in the classifieds for pretty cheap, you would be spending about $2200 total for a new proper kit.

Just curious, cuz I am still learning :D What is junk about it ? material of the pipes? or the turbo ? And do some turbos need oil cooled, or all oil and water cooled?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This kit says it's compatible with our Tour's.. I would just need the exhaust manifold adaptor, to bolt on to the turbo ? and then from the turbo to the downpipe.. Are their any other problems, I am not thinking of ? I am replacing the twin turbos oil lines water lines, and exhaust on my cousins stealth.. So I'll be able to put it on myself, with some fabricating of course..And I know ebay kits are junk.. but I am just looking for a turbo kit for the sound, and a little boost.. I can replace the turbo later.. ty for any input :D btw, I have a 2.5 Stock, svt motor..

epicfailturbo.jpg

Back