• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

question about my contours antenna

i have a 99 svt and it has the power antenna but it keeps getting stuck half way going up. so i would like to buy one off ebay just like a 8 inch black antenna that is always up. because i think anyways the power antenna is ugly haha. and i think the short black antenna would look way better. but my question is how do i put in a regular antenna is since i already have the motor in. like how do i take the power one out? HELP

go to the junkyard and find a Contour that has the standard antenna. remove the antenna, then open the trunk and behind the carpet you will see the antenna bracket. remove it and install it in your car in place of the power unit.

When I did this, I unplugged the antenna cord that goes into the power antenna, and plugged that into the new fixed antenna. Don't recall if I needed an adapter or not, but they are only a couple bucks at Wal Mart.

I used to have a power ant. in my Mystique. Went to a JY and got a standard one for like 5 bucks. It had the bracket and everything. Easy to install also.

Back