• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pwntbywombat 3L Build Thread

if this is why it wouldn't start to begin with, it's highly possible he did an engine swap over a slave or master cylinder. I bought one of my rangers for almost nothing because it "wouldn't start". hopped in, took it out of gear, fired up, drove it home by matching gears. voila!

we bled the clutch. we tried pinching the wires together like blu suggested. and ill get a video up as soon as i can get access to a video camera and some decent weather.

we bled the clutch. we tried pinching the wires together like blu suggested. and ill get a video up as soon as i can get access to a video camera and some decent weather.

are you sure the slave cylinder is good? is the fluid going down?

if the clutch is disengaging, I'm going to say it's a dead battery or bad starter. since the starter is a bear to get out, i'd charge the battery till it's friggin hot for good measure. if it still does that crap, pull the starter.

are you sure all the wires are going to the starter connector? there's two that but together and bolt to the big bolt, ans one smaller one that goes to the smaller bolt. if only the wire that engages the starter gear is hooked up, it will do what your experiencing too.

other than that, IDK man

OK I hate to suggest this, and I hope you can handle it. Raise the car, remove your ignition plug so the car doesnt start, remove everything to gain access to the starter wiring/ studs. Use a charged jumper box and connect the ground to the engine block, then connect the power to the large stud on the starter solenoid. Use a large gauge jumper wire and jump the large and small terminals on the starter. Do it only for a split second! Now you have just eliminated any possible problems with the wiring by removing that circuit. If it still only clicks then remove the starter. Remove the jumper box from the car. Now place the starter on the bench or vice. Make sure it held down tight the damn thing has some torque. Place the ground cable on the body of the starter, then place the positive cable from the pack back on the large stud of the starter solenoid. Use your jumper wire and jump the small terminal again. If it still doesn't spin then take it in your local parts store to have them test it.

Where's Captain America when you really need him? Oh wait....he's in your engine bay!

Good luck man I hope you get this thing running soon....I would really get someone who has a lot of experience in to look at the car if I were you.

ah HA!, thats the problem, it's painted red white and blue, so it's functioning as well as our country.

try painting it the colors of a country that isn't screwed and see if that helps.

Back