• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Progress on the condo...

holy crap that is a ton of work!!!!!
It looks awesome.

Yay party at Tony's (and no shoes on that carpet!!). You're gonna feel our pain soon enough. hehehe
Dyson Animal is such a godsend though.

Also, check into the Hoover Floormate. I LOVE mine.
You can buy solution to mop wood floors. There's a different solution for mopping linoleum and tile too.
And it does a good job as a plain hard floor vacuum too.

holy crap that is a ton of work!!!!!
It looks awesome.

Yay party at Tony's (and no shoes on that carpet!!). You're gonna feel our pain soon enough. hehehe
Dyson Animal is such a godsend though.

Also, check into the Hoover Floormate. I LOVE mine.
You can buy solution to mop wood floors. There's a different solution for mopping linoleum and tile too.
And it does a good job as a plain hard floor vacuum too.

I'll definitely have a NE-CEG meet at the condo sometime. If anyone has a boat, bring it down and we can all do some fishing.

I want the Dyson Animal but it's just too far out my price range. I hear it's awesome though. I'm going to pick up a Eureka Boss in the next few days. The reviews (yes, I've read vacuum reviews :blackeye:) say for the price, it can't be beat. It performs right along side some of the Dysons but only goes for $150. I looked around for a used Dyson but didn't find anything that cheap.

I'll check into the Hoover too. I really want these floors to last. I have to pick up felt pads to put under everything before I destroy the finish.

yeah the price of the Dyson is ridiculous. We only bought it because there was a $100 off deal going on at Target.

I've heard there are comparably rated vacs at reasonable prices out there.
If I could do it all again, I most likely would have looked harder instead of being lured in by the shiny Dyson. lol

Lookin' good! I like the veranda overlooking the lake.

I may have missed it in a previous post, but... is there a garage?

Thanks! Yes, it does have a garage. 1 car garage, 1 additional spot in front of the garage, as well as visitor parking which is always available for anyone to use. I can keep 3 cars with no trouble. :cool:

I am going to recommend this to you then, we bought one and it is freaking amazing!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=3200-73823-EL1006A&lpage=none

023169127296.jpg

I have one of those lol, My buddy works for them and got it me for free after a show. I dont use it now because we are mostly carpet.

If the deal goes through Ill be using it at our new place, the whole down stairs is ~20" tile. yeah buddy!

Mines titanium color.

Well, I did a little coax install last week. The loft didn't have a coax connection where the computer desk would be so I had no way to wire up my cable modem. Originally, the modem was going to be installed in the bedroom with a splitter but I hated the thought of having my modem and router sitting on my bedroom dresser.

The condo only has 2 connections built into it. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. I did a little looking around in the attic and found the cable run wouldn't be too bad to run through the wall. Did a little wall fishing and it came out great!

Here it is completed (white cable is the new one):
IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

Before:
IMG_0645.jpg

After:
IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

Much better!
IMG_0706.jpg

I don't wanna cram any more pictures on the same page so I'm making this post to kick over to the next page.........:laugh:........

I like the furniture :)

My friends apartment is completely plastic outside patio furniture. We lounge on his plastic chaise lounge's. My kids think it is hilarious to see the outside furniture being used inside :), they said all he needs now is a umbrella, we plan to get him one for his birthday :).

Your Condo looks great, floors are awesome!!!!

I like the furniture :)

My friends apartment is completely plastic outside patio furniture. We lounge on his plastic chaise lounge's. My kids think it is hilarious to see the outside furniture being used inside :), they said all he needs now is a umbrella, we plan to get him one for his birthday :).

Your Condo looks great, floors are awesome!!!!

HAHA. Yeah, I've been forcing myself to leave all the furniture out of the place until I paint. My complete new living room set is still sitting in the garage sealed in plastic. I'll start painting the living room tomorrow then I can at least get that in.

The wicker patio set is just not comfortable anymore. I can't sit on the chairs or bench for more than an hour or two. :blackeye:

I haven't posted any updated pictures in a while, so here's what's been keeping me busy the last few months.......

Everything has been painted, and I've got most of my furniture. The walls are still pretty bare for the most part, but I'm working on it. You don't realize how expensive it is to get your first place until you actually do it. :blackeye:

(Just first floor pics for now)

The 50" plasma, which I plan on re-mounting as soon as I get some time. I needs to go up 3-4 inches. At it's current height, it doesn't really look wall mounted because it's so close to the media console.
Picture074.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

New DVD cabinet from Pier 1.
Picture078.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Digital programmable thermostat to replace the original mercury dial type.
Picture082.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Back