• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Progress on the condo...

wow .. your place looks like a showcase!

I feel your pain with the coaxial. I recently hooked up the master bedroom (the wiring existed, but it was fed via the living room, which took a while to figure out). The coax was upgraded three times since the place was built and all the old wiring is in the walls. Still have two rooms with no cable.

it's gorgeous!

I like the out of the way place you have for your little critter too. Good idea.

I find that home accessories like wall art and other decor are ridiculously expensive. It irritates me to no end to see a simple frame of even stupid Target art can cost like $50.
It's why we still have such bare walls or ghetto looking wall art. I make my own instead on my own time.

it's gorgeous!

I like the out of the way place you have for your little critter too. Good idea.

I find that home accessories like wall art and other decor are ridiculously expensive. It irritates me to no end to see a simple frame of even stupid Target art can cost like $50.
It's why we still have such bare walls or ghetto looking wall art. I make my own instead on my own time.

I've been battling this problem as well. I'm trying to redecorate(or decorate in the first place) my apartment, and I dont know what to put on walls. Not only do I hate those stupid paintings at walmart/target/etc, but I cant afford them anyway. I'm stuck in a akward decorating place between "post college" and "I dont live with a wife that makes me put up stupid BS in our bedroom." Couch slips to cover up mismatched free furniture is expensive too.

Tony, the place looks really awesome! Congrats again!

I'm stuck in a akward decorating place between "post college" and "I dont live with a wife that makes me put up stupid BS in our bedroom."

lmao. sounds like my living room. I have car posters up. I don't think that will last forever ....

i need to get a DVD case like that one.
i thought about building in wall cabinets, but thats a lot of extra work
haha

Chris,
just hang some car parts or other random stuff on the walls. makes for interesting art and conversation.

Thanks everyone!

I feel your pain with the coaxial. I recently hooked up the master bedroom (the wiring existed, but it was fed via the living room, which took a while to figure out). The coax was upgraded three times since the place was built and all the old wiring is in the walls. Still have two rooms with no cable.

Yeah, I was checking out some of the walls last night and I may be able to get coax into my sunroom coming down the wall where my trash is. My bedroom is directly above so I may be able to get it through to the first floor. We'll see.

I've been battling this problem as well. I'm trying to redecorate(or decorate in the first place) my apartment, and I dont know what to put on walls. Not only do I hate those stupid paintings at walmart/target/etc, but I cant afford them anyway. I'm stuck in a akward decorating place between "post college" and "I dont live with a wife that makes me put up stupid BS in our bedroom."

Sandra is moving in soon and wants Marilyn Monroe pictures up in the bedroom. :ponder: :blackeye:

Wall art is too friggin' expensive! :mad:

Yeah, the rabbit has been moved around so many times. The DVD cabinet was supposed to go under the stairs but didn't fit. I actually swapped the rabbit cage spot with the DVD cabinet.

i need to get a DVD case like that one.
i thought about building in wall cabinets, but thats a lot of extra work
haha

I went nuts trying to find a cabinet like this one. I didn't want the DVD's exposed in an open rack. I like it closed into a cabinet. Pier 1 had this thing a few months back when I found it, but it was full price at $500, probably because it's wrapped in leather. I said hell no. I went back to look for a sale or floor model, and it was gone. It was gone off the website too. I went to 2 locations, and nothing. Finally I found it in a catalog they had in the store and they looked it up and 5 stores in CT, all had 1 left. I got it for $399 clearance, then 10% off that for being a display model, then $50 gift card. Still pricey, but I think it was worth it. I'm just glad I was able to track it down.

Very nice. I had to LOL a bit, we have that exact same couch\loveseat.

It looks awesome and it's comfortable as hell, but the fabric is a little too cheap. It stretches and the cushions looks all wrinkled up and twisted after you get up. But hey, it's Ashley. I can't expect it to be perfect.

It looks awesome and it's comfortable as hell, but the fabric is a little too cheap. It stretches and the cushions looks all wrinkled up and twisted after you get up. But hey, it's Ashley. I can't expect it to be perfect.

Yup! We are constantly "re-fluffing" the back cushions, as our weiner dog likes to lay up there in the sun and look out the windows:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My mom gave me these. It's an 8x10 shot surrounded by several layers of backing board and a thin frame. Gives the image some depth and fills wall space. The rough edges of the cut boards are finished with black electrical tape. With an inkjet photo printer (uses special color cartridges), I can change out the images at any time.
I have three of these frames around my place and plan to make some more when I have time.

picture.jpg

I never even thought about that...hmmm..good idea.

I have a bunch of paintings from France that I need to get framed and hung up but I'm too lazy to look into it. Sandra's mom went to France last year and gave me at least 3-4 paintings.

I like everything! Looks good. I would move the hamster and build a custom book shelf under the stairs.

Back