• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

production number

K so is my car a 98 or is it a half model? I have no freak'in clue. When i bought the car it came with the E1 wheels which came standard with the 98.5 model.

Yours is just like mine. Around the same build number (With in 100). E0 door dings, E1 Wheels, Dash clock, E1 build number, etc. Ours are just mutts with left over E0 parts.

K so is my car a 98 or is it a half model? I have no freak'in clue. When i bought the car it came with the E1 wheels which came standard with the 98.5 model.

Based on the date you posted, it HAS to be an E0. Again, you need to call SVT and verify your information.

My money says your build number is 495.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with the build number and date? :shrug:

Based on the date you posted, it HAS to be an E0. Again, you need to call SVT and verify your information.

My money says your build number is 495.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with the build number and date? :shrug:

Yeah, call SVT again and make sure on some things.

Yours is just like mine. Around the same build number (With in 100). E0 door dings, E1 Wheels, Dash clock, E1 build number, etc. Ours are just mutts with left over E0 parts.

My first SVT was #4427 and that one was also a mutt. A mix of 98 and 98.5 parts. Tony and Brian witnessed it.

Okay... thats cool if you like your emblems to look bedazzled....

http://www.bimmian.com/product.htm?veh=&item=LTR

This is the correct web site. I searched quickly for where I bought them and I saw the link I posted above. I saw the emblems had stones on them but thought it was another style they just introduced.

Who knows maybe someone wants to ice out their pimp ride yo!

This is the correct web site. I searched quickly for where I bought them and I saw the link I posted above. I saw the emblems had stones on them but thought it was another style they just introduced.

Who knows maybe someone wants to ice out their pimp ride yo!

Well then I'm going to make fun of them for bedazzleing a nice car and making it look like they bought those $2 stick on phone dimaonds from some mall kiosk!

Called SVT back and got them to look up my car again.

My car is officially a 1998 EO Ford Contour SVT, #465 out of #6,535 produced, and born on April 24th, 1997. I asked him all this information specifically so there wasnt any confusion, and the trim and date make more sense now with my number being in the 400's.

Sweet! Just a few days older than mine. Early E0's are definitely my favorite. A great mix of Pre-98 and Post-97 features rolled into one.

Glad you got the build number straightened out. You would of drove around with the wrong number on your car and not even known it. :laugh:

Back