• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Probe header. Will it work?

i doubt highly that the manifold mounts the head the same. But since its a 4cyl the flange should be similar(as i've seen people on the probe boards use evo manifolds for turbo projects) You'd need a zetec flange from somewere like TGS and have it welded to the probe flange...etc etc. Not worth the money to gains imho:shrug:

i doubt highly that the manifold mounts the head the same. But since its a 4cyl the flange should be similar(as i've seen people on the probe boards use evo manifolds for turbo projects) You'd need a zetec flange from somewere like TGS and have it welded to the probe flange...etc etc. Not worth the money to gains imho:shrug:

A friend had mentioned it so i was curious. For only saving about 100$ i'll just stick with the cougar header i had originally planned for rather than have it chopped and welded.

probe = mazda motors

Contour = Ford motors

in short, no it wont work, get the weapon R cougar header its a great price in its own.

Back