• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power antenna...

BigBEN

Hard-core CEG'er
so i know there was a post in the old forum about someone whose power antenna didnt work...Mine doesnt work!...i read the thread and wasn't sure about what to do.

I hear the motor in my antenna working once i turn my car on...nothing happens.

is there something i can do to get this working. im sick of having no radio stations.

thanks

_Ben

I switched from the rather large stock setup to a small black ebay replacement and never looked back. It was about ten bucks and 5 min of time compared to further troubleshooting and repair of the motor. Better reception and cleaner look in my opinion.

Go to the junk yard and get a pre98 "motorless" antenna and you won't have to worry about motor issues anymore. ;)

If your antenna motor is running, it might be worth trying a replacement mast (ebay $20or dealer $40). Be sure to look inside the antenna gear case for broken gear tape. You might be able to just put in the new one if only a tiny piece is left inside. Can you pull the mast up by hand?

Does it make a clicking noise as it runs? I had a gear break (non replaceable). I then had to get an antenna off ebay, which is working OK.

im gonna open it up tonight and look to see what is wrong...then ill let yall kno

I used WD40 and white silicon grease on mine and it retracts/deploys much easier than it did before. I think your antenna might simply be stuck.

/Eric

please open it up, I was the one who posted about it. It';s avery simple assembly in your trunk, two bolts holding it to the bottom + the top nut that holds it to the outside. The main problem is if you hear the motor RUNNING than it's the antenna mast (ebay cheap replacement), if it's a slight crank meaning the motor died or something like that then what you're going to have to do is to either crank antenna manually (remove the top left plastic white gear) and lock it there, or like someone siad REPLACE the whole system entirely with either a non-power anntenna or with a new power antenna.

Back